PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR CHAMP Benny Parson Passes Away

Rubbin&Racin
01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Former NASCAR Champ Benny Parson passed away, what a sad day for all. Our condolences to the Parsons family and our NASCAR Family. Benny will be missed and listening to the Races will never be the same. We hope you lead many laps in heaven Benny, God Speed to a GREAT man. Heaven has quite the starting grid now.
Love,
Andy & Jo-
LM #84 :*-(

W. J.
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Benny Parsons passed away today after losing a valiant battle against lung cancer. The 1973 Grand National (Next Cup) was 65 years old. Our condolences to his family, both the immediate one and his broadcasting buddies, who will miss his knowledge and humor, will the rest of us.

More at www.NASCAR.com

btgoss
01-16-2007, 01:12 PM
These are not the types of things I need to hear about before I have another CT scan, but that is the life we have to live as cancer patients. You know it is still out there, you just hope and pray that it never turns your way again...

RIP BP.

allhailunc
01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
To me, Benny made the telecasts more enjoyable between his easy going mannerisms & his great knowledge. The world of auto racing & the world of sports announcers has lost one of the best. God speed Benny. :*-(

Idogg95
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
God's speed BP! Talk about numbers and stats, there weren't many in the "Golden Era" of NASCAR that compiled them like BP did! And the first to ever qualify with a lap over 200mph! :wave:

Mortgage Guy
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
What a shame, I really thought when he was back in the booth he was starting to turn the corner. It just shows what this disease does to people. He died of lung cancer and had not had a cigarette since 1972. Just a real huge loss for the racing community.

richardpetey
01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
God bless and rest one of the best cup champions ever.......................... :*-(
May God also give the medical research people the knowledge and money to finally put an end to that dreaded "C" word......................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY............... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

maestri fan 1
01-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I got a call from my dad today while I was in the middle of school. I was thinking he was going to tell me something else, except he told me that Benny passed away. Talk about being put into an upset mood. Since Benny went into the hospital this time, my dad and I have been keeping up on this. I had heard he was getting better, but I guess the good man wanted him. It's a shame now that we won't hear his voice for the 500. It's just happy to think that he's racing with the good ol' boys upstairs.

R.I.P. Benny

Jaws
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
He was a true gentleman of the sport.

Benny will be missed.

RIP Benny