PDA

View Full Version : Marquis out of the 4

chrome horn
01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Gary Danko called me today and told me his brother, AARN writer Brian, spoke with Jerry Marquis and he will not be driving the Mystic Missle 4.

LongIslandJam
01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow... What's Marquis in then? Who's driving the 4... The fun of silly season!

uticamike
01-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Bob G would be smart to put Rick Fuller in the seat. One of the good ones.

Tooner
01-16-2007, 10:15 PM
That's a surprise!

The Bullfather
01-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Could he be back in the 3??? Isn't that seat still open?

What ever happened to Connelly in the 4 from years ago, he was good in that car. The 4 should go after Woody Pitkat and get Tidy Cat back on the rear panels. How about bringing over Kirk Alexander, man him on the tour would kick a$$ in a good car. Earl Paules? But his cars are amazing as is.

How about (before any Halpins) John Fortin or Tommy Rogers. :O)

Tooner
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Bullfather, I was thinking Jerry in the 3 car myself...

uticamike
01-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Is the seat in the 3 open? What happened to Eric Beers?

The Bullfather
01-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I thought I heard they let him go after the last race.Same with Chuck Hossfeld.

chrome horn
01-17-2007, 07:24 PM
The 3 team stated they need sponsorship money to go racing this year. As of RIGHT NOW they have not gotten one, so there is a possiblity that there won't be an Ol' Blue on tour this year or maybe just running a limited schedule.

As for Hossfeld, I don't know where this thing started, but I think I'll end it here. Chuck is going nowhere. Sandra and Roger are very happy with him and Chuck is very happy with them. With that being said, I think you'll see some big things out of the 79 team this year.

Ace
01-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Marquis is as one of the most talented drivers there is out there. I'm not surprised to hear this when in this day and age it comes down to the all mighty dollar of who buys a ride and who gets bumped out of a ride. Good luck Jerry finding a ride for 2007.

Tooner
01-17-2007, 11:44 PM
The 3 team stated they need sponsorship money to go racing this year. As of RIGHT NOW they have not gotten one, so there is a possiblity that there won't be an Ol' Blue on tour this year or maybe just running a limited schedule.

That would be a shame. I think this will be the 50th anniversary of Boehler racing in 2007. Hope Mike and the team can put something together!

Linda
01-23-2007, 08:48 AM
I am very sorry to hear Jerry is out of the 4. He is such a talented driver and a very nice person. I was so disappointed when he and the Boehlers parted ways, not that I don't like Eric Beers or anything. It's sad that such a long time running race team like the Boehlers can't get good sponsorship to be able to run. Goes to show you how much money the tour costs to run. I know how much it costs Jake and Wade, and that is nothing compared to the big teams out there.

hollywoodmic
01-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Just understand from what I've heard and read, Jerry isn't "OUT" of the 4. Bob Garbirino has no one to maintain the car to be a top notch machine. If it's not going top be top notch, then Bob will not race. From what I hear, if they do race at all, and if Jerry doesn't have a ride, then they will race together. I hope it works out for everyone.

Teds Race Tours
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Jerry has never been anything other than a CLASS ACT. I hope everything works out here.