PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Factory Stock Rules

DEMotorsports
01-16-2007, 11:04 PM
:disgusted The rules for the Factory Stocks are up on the MVS website. I am disheartened by the fact that they are allowing the Factory Stocks to put weight jacks in the cars. Now it becomes a Street Stock! The only track you will be able run these cars is MVS. The people that don't put the jacks in could possibly be at a disadvantage. I had planned to participate in a few Thriller races at Mountain and the 8-Stox at Bethel this coming season. But that will not happen if I modify the car to MVS rules. Every driver at the rules meeting last November told the race director, "No weight jackers". MVS wanted to get rid of the Factory Stocks and now they're doing a fine job of it by converting the cars to Street Stocks. I look forward to some good comments to be posted here. I am not angry, just disheartened and confused as to which rules I will be building the car towards.
Duane Eidem :wave:
Eidem Motorsports

thriller 34
02-12-2007, 10:35 PM
It was my understanding that MVS was dropping the factory stock class. Billy B. told me this last year before his unfortunate departure from Mountain. I am planning on running a thriller car at Mountain this year and I was looking forward to a large field of cars to compete against. However, it really seems like Mountain has taken a few steps back in what they allow in the thriller cars, while MVS is moving the class forward in what they allow, possibly so cars can't bounce from track to track???

tstiles
02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
If you want to race, then build a Riverhead Grand car.

thriller 34
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
never heard of one of those...what exactly is that?

W. J.
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
A full sized, 8 cyl Enduro car, with a few added extras and safety features.