PDA

View Full Version : Enduro series points

Mobigsly
01-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Someone may want to look into the enduro points explanation that is listed on the Mountain Homepage. The example there does not match how the points where tallied up from the first race. I think your explanation is wrong.

LongIslandJam
01-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi TJ,

I don't know if this is in reference to Mountain Speedway's points or ours at PoconoThunder.net.

It basically works in the following fashion (from discussions with Geno and Mike).

Everyone who starts the race gets a base 25 points. First place gets how many cars started additional points (so if 50 cars, they get 50 more points). Second place gets 49, and so on.

In one of the races there was a DNS, and Mike ruled that even though he did not start the race, he counted as a car started for points purposes. Same thing with the DQs.

Does our points make sense now?

Mobigsly
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
This is in reference to the Mountain Speedway enduro series. What you stated is what the points explanation states, but There was 49 6/8 cylinder cars that showed up to race last race and 1st place got 74 points then 73 points and so on. Mountain stated that if you get 50 cars first place is 50 point then 49 and so on. Which means car number 50 gets 0 point and it stated you get a minimum of 25 points for taking the green. Is anyone confused yet? :confused:

W. J.
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
One more time: First place, like all others, start with 25 points. Add 49 (number of cars) to that, 49+25=74. 49th car in the race started with 25 points, got 0 for finishing last, 25+0=25 points. So what's the problem???

Mobigsly
01-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I got the concept!! Problem is If you go to the Mountain Page and read the points explanation. The example is incorrect!!! Just go and read it, I should have never opened my mouth.

LongIslandJam
01-23-2007, 08:28 PM
You're right TJ,

I understand you now. According to their example, the leader should have a total of 75 points (50 for the cars started, plus 25 base points). Is that the confusion, if not feel free to email me with a phone number and we can talk...