PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Info on Anne Marie Meehan..

LongIslandJam
02-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Hello, I got this message from someone looking for more info on her birth mother's racing days (I believe she was involved in drag racing) Here's the message:

"Just wanted to share with you, my web page and blog. www.myspace.com/meehanschild . Still have no access to any information pertaining to Anna Marie's racing days. Have you ever heard of the Sperry Club out on LI? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Julia"

Her e-mail is adoptionsearchangel.julia@gmail.com if you have any further info.

Thanks,

jrussole
11-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Anna Marie Meehan aka Ann Zima in the Racing community raced at Islip and Riverhead Racetracks back in the 1970's and 1980's. She was known to Circuit Race. She drove a Grabber Yellow Mustang, Mach 1 302. Her racing number may have been #67 or #69, I am told. Would anyone share a memory of her, if possible? Thanks.
www.myspace.com/meehanschild
Jules

jrussole
04-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Is there any way to contact someone who may have some footage of Auto Racing in New York at the Riverhead, Islip and dirt tracks at Mitchell field during the time frame of 1969-1987? I am so excited! I saw pic's of her and her racing! I saw her in her racing suit! She was amazing!
I bet Shirley Muldowney was scared of my mother! hehe
Jules

capitalcity300
04-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Is there any way to contact someone who may have some footage of Auto Racing in New York at the Riverhead, Islip and dirt tracks at Mitchell field during the time frame of 1969-1987? I am so excited! I saw pic's of her and her racing! I saw her in her racing suit! She was amazing!
I bet was scared of my mother! hehe
Jules

Did you get the racing photos and racing information from family or from the local library's old newspapers on micro film??? :cheers: :confused:
Was Anna Marie Meehan aka Ann Zima #13, an oval racer, drag racer or both??? :rolleyes:
Can you share with racerhub forum any of your mother's racing infomation and racing photos??? :applause:
Was Shirley Muldowney an oval racer before she started drag racing??? :cool: