PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Date Fee

LEAD LAP
02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
I can "possibly" understand the pit entrance fee on Testing days, since your actually watching the cars performing on the track, but what's the reason for the entrance fee on the inspection days ?

What are we paying to see - wrenches being turned in the Inspection Booth? :confused:

W. J.
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Insurance, salaries and normal operating expenses.

LEAD LAP
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
J.A.

Your "laughing man" icon is priceless. I'm LMAO at that answer,also :lol:

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 12:07 PM
It's called extortion :mad:

nflobster
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Don't Like It, Don't Go.

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Dont Like It Dont Go No kidding!

gac21bb
02-23-2007, 02:42 PM
If the $5 fee is too much for you, stop by the 21 bb, I will give you the 5 bucks!!!!

Sweet67703
02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Are you SERIOUS??? What about all of the officials that give up their personal time to be there all day?? Don't they deserve some sort of compensation? Are you really complaining about $5??? :lol:

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Didn't know it was only $5. Is it too late to change sides? Come on pay the $5 and quit your *****in" :D

RGeeProductions
02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Well Kessel from LIPA says, "free electricity to Riverhead Raceway" and the insurance company says "Hey, you can have a free day or 2 of non-coverage"....C'mon, $5.....I really can't believe that this would be a problem.....besides a few other costs, just to be open.....

W. J.
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Or, better still, you could pocket the $5, wait until the actual practice day, and spend most of that day waiting for your car to be inspected, basking in the glory of the fact that you saved 5 bucks!!!!

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I can't believe some people are complaining about $5. I'm sure that $5 is not going to cover operating costs. The nerve of some people. :D

Crazy Horse
02-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll bet down South you could get a Pizza, a bottle of SlyFox... and a bag of Pork Rinds for $5. :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :cool: What's the BIG deal???

Jaws
02-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll bet down South you could get a Pizza, a bottle of SlyFox... and a bag of Pork Rinds for $5. :cheers: :cheers: :cool: :cool: What's the BIG deal???

Pork Rinds!!!!LOL

It's the winter, people are cranky because of the lack of racing!! :)

How many days to go??

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 09:12 PM
What they call pizza down here is not edible. I don't know what slyfox is and this Yankee ain't touchin' no pork rinds! They love boiled peanuts down here, every track I've been to sells 'em??? Culture shock for sure. I'm gonna use that $5 to buy my wife/sister a new dress at the thrift store, sumtun real purty. J/K :wave:

Crazy Horse
02-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Dude, SlyFox is Redneck Thunderbird :cheers: :cheers: :cool:

pitbull113
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Dude, SlyFox is Redneck Thunderbird :cheers: :cheers: :cool: None of that classy stuff fer me. Budweiser. JUUUUUNIIORRRR!!!

allhailunc
02-24-2007, 01:55 AM
5 bucks is a very reasonable price considering what you get charged regularly. But what I don't understand is the "insurance" apsect. When you sign in, you virtually sign away your right to "sue" if anything occurs, so what insurance can be brought up? Insurance form "Golden brown French Fries?" :rolleyes:

W. J.
02-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Insurance covers normal care for any injury you might suffer on the premises, covering medical care needed. It has nothing to do with trying to become a millionaire because you sprained your ankle.

Tower Man
02-24-2007, 02:27 PM
$5 is no big deal and it covers you for the entire season. I believe the Tour Mods pay $75 per event?

LEAD LAP
03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
21 Blunderbust.

Thanks's for the offer. I'm glad to see there's teams out there with extra money to throw around to help out another team. :applause: Of course, it's not just MY $5.00, it's 5 times each crew member. Not sure yet exactly whose coming, but better bring an extra $ 25 just to be sure.

And by the way, how about picking up the increase in the pit admission. I hear it will be thirty bucks this year. But I suppose it's worth the increase, what with all the beautiful improvements to the track, and the new fan-friendly and racer-friendly policies that go into effect this year.

Also, is there anyone who could buy us some graphics for the trailer and our cars that say "Support Riverhead Raceway", you know, like they asked at the Winter Meeting ?

LongIslandJam
03-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Pit admission will be $27 as it was last year. This is the official word from Riverhead.

LEAD LAP
03-23-2007, 05:07 PM
After hearing all the other input, I wish to retract my original opposition to the pit entry fee. I will gladly pay the five bucks. I may even be able to kick in a little more, depending on how much money I have on me that day.

Anything I can do to help the Track's Owners so they don't have to endure another year of operating their mostly cash business at a loss, and then having to turn down multi-million dollar offers for the property, is worth it in my book.

If the gate fee doesn't cover the operating costs for the day, perhaps we could take up a collection amoung those in the pits to make sure everything breaks even.

There's some ungrateful people who may consider this nickle and diming, and squeezing every last cent, out of the very people who show up to race each week to keep the Racing Program alive, despite the ever-increasing cost of equipment, maintenance, fuel, etc.

I refuse to look at it that way. I will be glad to do my part, even if it's only five bucks, to help in the fight to help make the Track profitable once again.