PDA

View Full Version : Wall stadium question

ststock23
03-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Thinking of racing a Riverhead Grand enduro car in the Wall Stadium factory stock division. Anyone have any thoughts on compatability? I know they are running mostly metric frames. I just don't want to get lapped every race.

richardpetey
03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Your grand enduro body/frame(except for the outside rubrails) will probably be OK, but Wall Speedways new F/S rules are mandating a new total racecar weight based on engine size.................................:(
They also have strict engine and rear specs that have to be met.........................:disgusted
Also, to add insult to injury, if after an initial track inspection your engine and rear pass muster the tech people are gonna seal'em both.....................:mad:
It doesn't make too much sense to me but seems like every track is making rules for their entry level classes so screwed up that they can't run at any other track.....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY..............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey Petey, doesn't Wall f/s also include a full cage past the front firewall and rear also? If so, that excludes Riverhead's Grands, which stinks because I, too, was considering going to the Jersey shore once or twice this year.

pitbull113
03-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Petey, doesn't Wall f/s also include a full cage past the front firewall and rear also? If so, that excludes Riverhead's Grands, which stinks because I, too, was considering going to the Jersey shore once or twice this year. nope:) :D :wave:

richardpetey
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Pitbull is correct, you can't have a front hoop or any part of the cage through the front firewall..........................:disgusted
You can, however, build a cage around your fuel cell providing it doesn't connect directly to your main cage...............:applause:
Weezer, I'll see you there...................:D
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ststock23
03-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks Petey and others,
I was mainly concerned about the body and chassis. Since they are basing the engine on weight, I could probably run a 455 or so with a 76 Monte. Those rules are similar to what they had on the old street stock class. They sealed the engine then as well. I've read over the rules a couple of times and can't find anything about rub rails. Are there new rules somewhere other than their website?

richardpetey
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry 23, but Walls engine rules in the F/S division only allow 305 or 350ci engines in a GM bodied racecar........................:(
The new F/S rules are not yet posted on the Wall Speedway site, I went to the F/s meeting at the track and obtained a set.......................;)
They really have restrictive rules in the F/S division and are not even compatible with make, model and year.............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ststock23
03-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks again, it was a poor attempt at humor. Maybe if I had said a nice Caddy 500? Geez you'd think less than 2 months out, they'd have the real rules on the web.

art11758
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
It doesn't make too much sense to me but seems like every track is making rules for their entry level classes so screwed up that they can't run at any other track.UNCLE PETEY.

I agree with you there. IIRC the only track that had entry level rules close to the F/S at Wall was Waterford with those "X whatevers" that they run/ran mid week. Maybe the idea is to keep each track's entry level cars close by to keep your travel expenses down...... yeah,that must be it.lol.