PDA

View Full Version : Papster Speaks Up

pappywrench
03-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I have been quiet through this whole mess, but this last dig about changing rules :*-( hurt me bad. I have always looked for ways to better the sport, (pit crew contest, line-up system, over 50 race,) as well as trying to improve safety. I listened to all the gripes and took some suggestions to heart.
Yes it's my fault the rules got changed.
Last years biggest gripes.
1. Cost (addressed)
2. Long show, late starts. (addressed)
3. Points system (addressed) all drivers get graduated points.
4. Race cars (hence the new rules)
I want to see enduro racing flourish and grow as a sport, no matter where and with who. If anything I thought this split would give drivers twice as many races to run. So to the enduro racers that just want to race, see you soon as a tech-man, to the others who think I'm a turncoat, I still may see you as a competitor.
:confused: Some may ask why I stayed and didn't follow MOSES. Well last year Billy approached me to be a weekly tech-man. I retired from the national guard to take the job. I need the extra income to support my love of racing.
Good luck to all and hope to see you soon. PAPPY:wave:

pitbull113
03-04-2007, 09:45 PM
:cool: ;) :applause: :-B :p Don't worry we still love ya Pappy.:wave: :D :)

richardpetey
03-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Yo Pap! How ya doing?..............................:cheers:
Long time no see..................................:(
Shouldn't your post be on the mountain site instead of the NEETS site.......................:eek:
By the way, last years biggest gripes where.......TRANSPONDERS, hehe.........................:mad:
Don't worry.....your still the man.............at least in the over fifty race, :lol:
UNCLE PETEY...............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
03-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Pappy,

You're the greatest. Whenever I see you I am going to bring you a coffee...I know how you like it, only cream (no sugar because you are sweet enough!!)

rcp_ny
03-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey Pappy,

I realize I'm peripheral to all the goings-on, but I didn't read the mention of "no rules changes" as a dig at you at all. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw a new track mentioned was "Hmm, I wonder if the new track's insurance will require any rules changes", and I saw the mention of "no rules changes" as simply answering that question before we all asked it.

Of course you are entitled to your own reaction. I just wanted to point out a possibly more innocent explanation.