PDA

View Full Version : Why not BUD????

turn1cowboy
03-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Riverhead Raceway just announced that Miller Lite will sponsor it's 23rd year boooooooo.. Wish it was Bud Lite!! We'll just have to boycott.:applause:

nitros77
03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
LETS JUST BE GLAD WE HAVE A SPONSOR :cheers:

rabbid1
03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Turn one Cowboys boycott beer ! I doubt it John . lol

W. J.
03-06-2007, 03:04 AM
THIS I've got to see!!!

kevinriv24
03-06-2007, 11:47 AM
we want bud lite!!! we want bud lite!!!! lol i bet bud would sponsor no one will just approach them:cheers: :cheers:

Rich Mergl
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Miller Lite
They sponsor many races including the Modified Tour.
Read the side of a can. "In 2006 a panel of judges tasted beers from 55 countries MILLER LITE won best American-style LIGHT LAGER, our fourth GOLD AWARD in the last six competitions." (TASTE GREAT LESS FILLING) Great choice by the track FINALLY.

The Bullfather
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Rich we barely bring in the blue tarp crew. lol I know I'm straight edge, but only a few nights do we get people who drink a few beers. Then we have that guy and girl that we'd watch and count how many beers they had and watch them stumble down the aisle to get another one! lol OHH The fun we have. :O) But I think they would drink any beer that was on sale!

Rich Mergl
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
BULL FATHER
Seen a few Blue tarpers drinking what would be the BLUE CAN.
See you at the first practice pal.

The Bullfather
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
hey I said some do drink, but not all. Anyway point is no one get carried away and becomes a drunken mess. With the exception hahahaha of what I posted before lol. Anyone got a head count yet? lol.

btgoss
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Well with the current ticket price for a regular show being around $35.00 for the 11 hour show I for one can't afford to drink. Both for the reason that at $5.00 a beer it is too much money, and then since the show ends at Dawn I would risk falling asleep at the wheel...

And Bud is sold on the Island by Claire Rose, and I don't think they understand the value of racing sponsorship. But I think some of the family that runs that operation has offices in the old police station in Patchogue, so maybe someone should reach out to them.

turn1cowboy
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanx Btgross. We also met with someone that works for Bud at the Daytona 500 party at Changing Times Pub. He said he was going to talk to the Sales rep that work out in Suffolk County.

hollywoodmic
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
OK here is the deal. Bud & Clare Rose have often inquired about sponsoring the racetrack. The reason it will not happen is due to the relationship, the track has with Boening Brothers. Way back when before this NASCAR deal became popular, Bud and Clare Rose wanted nothing to do with racing at Riverhead. The folks from Miller stepped up. When they needed a sponsor for tour races Miller stepped up. They have a very good relationship with the Cromartys and that will not change. They have been offered more money from other beer companies, but there loyalties lie with Miller and Boening Brothers.

I tried to get Bud to sponsor the track when I worked there. I did all the work on my end and presented it to them, they weren't even interested in looking. I guess in a way it's nice to see a little loyalty once in a while. I say as long as it's cold, I'll drink it.

FERGBIZZ
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Stick w/ the miller....bud light is horrible.

-TURN 1 BREW CREW

Rich Mergl
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Miller Lite Amen

imaturn1cowboy
03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
i dont care what it is really but i would like to see some red white and blue up in turn 1