PDA

View Full Version : Please Attend

unowho243
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
ATTENTION LONG ISLAND!!!

Calling ALL Gearheads, Motorheads, Quadheads, Bikers, Equestrian lovers, wives, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends, relatives, bring the dog, etc., etc., …..Show your support and solidarity for permanent access to safe, sanctioned, professional MOTORSPORTS & EQUESTRIAN venues in Calverton by joining us for a Rally at the Captree parking lots on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 8 AM. Hear the latest news, get updates on recent developments.

NOW is the TIME. Please don’t miss THIS. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW. Come with your street rod, bike or family car, crawl, skate, hitch a ride, ride your horse, doesn‘t matter how you get there. Please drop everything and show up on March 18 for the future of Motorsports on Long Island. You will not be sorry.

Directions: South on Robert Moses Causeway. Continue over draw bridge. Go EAST (not West) on Ocean Parkway to Captree State Park. Parking fields are only one quarter mile ahead.

Raindate: March 25, 2007

catfish
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Why is a gathering about the Calverton project being held at Captree ?

CIN
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
It is not so much about the Calverton project. The reason this rally started was the fact that Levy and his cronies shut out all motorsports from the Yaphank site. Motorsports people are mad. We had the largest amount of people show up at the Public Hearings for the Yaphank site. We have sent emails, snail mail, petitions and phone calls. And still they ignored everyone.
We gave the powers that be economic data. And they ignored everyone.
Well, people have now decided that a rally to show support for a motorsports complex on LI is time.

And this is not just about drag racers or oval track racers. This is about all forms of motorsports. Anything and everything.

Also, they have bumper stickers made up
No Motorsports = No Levy. I am going to try to get some and I am sure that they will be available at the rally.

Hopefully the turn out is good and we get heard. And hopefully, someone somewhere decides that a facility for any and all type of motorsports is a good thing for the Island. We will see.

Spread the word. The future for motorsports on LI depends on us all sticking together....for all types.

Jaws
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I probably can't make it but if someone can get me one of those bumper stickers that would be great.

TMAC
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Has anyone gotten in touch with news 12 about this?The more press the better!!!

x_factor
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
St Patty Weekend Yahoo.wear Green Lol.jim Get With Me :d

unowho243
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
lol ill be rockin the green face!

debbie33
03-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Kenny and I were given a few of those stickers and a letter to send to Levy. I will scan the letter for everyone to fill out and send later today.

Mike Fields
03-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I received a call in the middle of last week from one of the 'higher ups' at Captree who voiced concern about this meet. She called me since I had it listed under the Calendar of Events on my site. Unfortunately, I don't know who had sent the press release to me, and I had listed it more as a 'community event' than as a racing event.

Her concern was that she couldn't find a name to who was putting this event on. She also mentioned that a permit might be needed for it. I'm not sure about that since this doesn't seem to be put on by any organized group or organization that I know of.

She also further expressed a concern that if it is a nice day, parking might be a problem, as the field may be filled up.

Toward the end of the call, I informed her that should she wish me to take down the listing from the site, I would acceed to her wishes. She stated that she would call me back and let me know. Since last week when she first called, I haven't heard back from her one way or the other.

I can only take that to mean that she doesn't have any objections at this point. If I hear anything further, I'll let everyone know.

W. J.
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
I'd have to say the best reason to show up is because of the person who called Mike Fields not wanting you to. It just may be the type of 'scare' that the politicians need to start listening to that portion of the voting public that supports racing of ALL types. Sorry I won't be there, it's a long way from Cali, but I'll be rooting for all from here that do attend; just remember to be on your best behavior and show them that we are just good people looking for a place to enjoy our favorite sport.

NO RACING = NO LEVY - I love it, and I want one for my car!

Mike Fields
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
They use 'permits' to make plans and determine who can use the facility on any given day. It sounded more like concern over what is going on and puzzlement over who or what group is putting the event on. The lady did not ask me to pull the date off the Calendar page.

Although she expressed concern, at no time did she say that she did not want it there--- yet!

W. J.
03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Well. last I heard, those 9 learned people in the black robes (The Supremes, as they're affectionately known), say it's okay for us as citizens to move about freely. What a great coincidence if many of us end up in the same place, at the same time, on the same day, LOL!!!:lol:

Troyer driver
03-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I guess I just don’t get it. Why would WE the people that have jobs, pay taxes, up-hold the law, are not felons or wanted in our own country for crimes, and are in this country legally, need a permit to gather and voice that WE want to have a sport on Long Island ?

I've got an thought, let's meet up at the 7-11 on 83 and Horse Block Rd and have the rally, or we can meet at 83 and Long Island Avenue.

Ah bad thought, it's all ready taken by the illegal people looking for day jobs and not paying taxes with no permit to gather there.

:confused:

Mike Fields
03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I believe the reason for a permit at any village/town/city/county park is in part to control how many people will show up, while at the same time, reserve an area for that group. As well as that, probably a few other reasons that don't come to mind at the moment.

As an example, SAFER can't just show up at a park every year for their annual picnic without a permit, and then just stake out an entire area. They need to apply for a permit to an unoccupied picnic area.

W. J.
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
While that's true about SAFER Mike, this is just a bunch of individual people who happen to show up at the same place, with no 'sanctioning organization' to speak of. So they no more need a permit than all the people who show up at a mall to shop! (Or in this case, show up at the beach or a park.):)

I know for sure I don't need a permit to go to the races this week at Perris Auto Speedway on Saturday night!!!

unowho243
03-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Regardless of the talk going on i hope you can all show up.... I myself cant i will be working overtime that day because it will be the last day my job is open.... and i haven't found another job yet so i have to make as much money while i can..... can someone PLEASE get me a few stickers and tell everyone i wanted to be there just didn't work out how i planned..

allhailunc
03-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Great idea-have a "rally" in a public place like that without a permit. Good for the "PR" everyone is looking for to have a facility built. :confused:

unowho243
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
There is NO PERMIT NEEDED it was already looked into... Thank you