PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead short track

DODGE99
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
is anyone planning on racing the short track at Riverhead this year?

unowho243
03-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Kev....... What the heck are you talking about?

W. J.
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
He's probably referring to the short track built over the off season inside Riverhead's 1/4 mile, specifically for better and safer kart racing.

Mortgage Guy
03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
My son likes running the big track, so we may just stick to that and I just want to say great job by everyone involve in EKRA this weekend. It was a very nice group of people to be involved with and very well organized. I for one can wait for the season on the big track to get started.

attituderacing
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
The small track is going to be used for 2 and 4 cycle kid karts and possibly novice:angel:

NollsRacing
03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I think that they should leave the big track because the lights,medium,and higher divisons need the room to race the kid karts should run on short track

BBI1432
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Well after watching Kevin Orlando practice the small track today, I think it will put on some great racing once they lay some rubber down. It should be very exciting! :cheers:

phantomlord
03-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Aren't they running both tracks???

DODGE99
03-26-2007, 04:50 PM
The small track is very fast and technical. I ran about 200 laps on it this weekend to try to lay some kinda groove into it. Once some more karts start running on it, it'll only get better and better. The small track will bring back some of the memories from Medford, and bring the skill back into kart racing at Riverhead. I think all divisions should have the option of the big or small track, and not limit the small track to the younger kids. The way they have the separate schedules out now, I think will be the best way, Friday night small track under the lights, and Sunday big track.

turn1cowboy
03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
If they bring back Friday night short track racing, I might just have to go buy a new gokart and get back into a little Friday night fun!

DAN D.
03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I always thought the track was too big.. It seemed that the karts had to go about 2-3 laps to run wide open. Yes the speed is cool, except the opportunities of passing and more competitive neck to neck racing would be better on a shorter track. I guess I am talking from my many years of quarter midget racing on a smaller size oval track. I guess the straights were about 75ft long. and I have had the chance to run a kart down at the beach and at Bald Hill. I don't know the exact layout of the small track at Riverhead, except if there is a little bank in one of the turns it may be interesting.

DODGE99
03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
There's no banking at all, turns 3 and 4 are on the bottom of the real track 3 and 4 on the newly paved over dirt. Turns 1 and 2 go right through the "X" of the figure eight track. I was trying to lay rubber down on the new pavement and I was running mid 9 second lap times. The track will get faster and faster.

phantomlord
04-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I need gear help for the short track. I'm competing in Sr Champ Flathead and Animal classes. Thanks in advance.