PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Horn....

Mortgage Guy
03-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Just wanted to say great shots as usual Fran and if Howie and Mary provided some shots that is great too. They will be a great addition to the site.

RGeeProductions
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
The "Chrome Horn" feature we run is all from Pete Lawlor's, Fran's dad, photo archive. Occasionally, Fran adds a few of his own, but they are mostly from Pete. Fran has a HUGE collection of his fathers photos and has been trying to digitalize all of them.

LongIslandJam
03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Chrome Horn has been an excellent feature, and like RGee said, it's mainly focused upon Fran's father, Pete, and his photographic experiences.

However, I've gotten several e-mails for recommendations on future features, and if anybody has a stash of photos they would like to submit - e-mail me at jackley@racerhub.com . I am not opposed to running features every day, and multiple times per day:)

W. J.
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I will be getting together with Bob Finan very soon for just that purpose. He has an extensive collection from Islip, and I've got a great scanner.

RGeeProductions
03-23-2007, 11:30 PM
WJ, much quicker and easier to just shoot them with a digital camera, like 4 at a time, or individually, then no cutting out. For our posting size, they would be perfectly clear and save mucho time over scanning.

LongIslandJam
03-24-2007, 06:07 AM
I always found shooting photos with a camera to result in poorer quality than a scanner... Right?:confused:

If not e-mail me an example which you shot with your camera. Thanks,

W. J.
03-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Depending on the size of the photo, I might be able to scan them 4 at a time. We shall see.