PDA

View Full Version : Something New in Racing Coverage

ShawnCourchesne
03-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Just wanted to let everybody know that with the start of the local racing season drawing near we're adding something new to the Hartford Courant's motorsports coverage for the 2007 season.
A new racing blog is up and running at The Courant's web site. Take a look at The Backstretch (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/) and let us know what you think.
Thanks.

Mike Fields
03-23-2007, 10:48 PM
So Shawn, what are you concentrating on this year--- racing or football?

ShawnCourchesne
03-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Mike,

My concentration will continue to be on UConn football this season, but like last year, I will be making every effort to ensure that our coverage of local racing remains as close to the level that we've set over the last few years. From April 15 through July my focus will be on racing, but when preseason football practice starts in August that will take over most of my time. But we will still have reporters covering events for us, although we may not make it to every Thursday, Friday and Saturday event every week like usual. We won't miss any big events though. And like last year, there's a home football game for the second Nextel Cup weekend at NHIS so I will be going back and forth for that weekend to cover both the football game and the events in New Hampshire. I'm thinking I might be a little crazy in trying to get to the World Series at Thompson though. I can't remember the last time I missed the World Series. Last year there was a home game that weekend so it wasn't a problem getting to Thompson on Sunday. This year UConn is on the road at the University of Virginia on Saturday of that weekend. I got an early flight back on Sunday just in case I'm feeling crazy enough to try and make it to Thompson on Sunday after the football game in Virginia on Saturday.

Howie
03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Interesting reading Shawn. Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to scare you, but I agree with what you've written so far. Looking forward to your future blogs.

Mike Fields
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Jeez, you mean I may not be able to bust your chops in the press box EVERYTIME I get up to CT for a race? That will really blow my week...

Howie
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
If you aren't going to read Shawn's Blog regularly, you are missing some good reading. If you agree with him or not, it is good reading. Here's the link again - The Backstretch (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

bucket67
04-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree with you Howie it's good reading.