PDA

View Full Version : Adios Mountain!

RacinRob
03-24-2007, 10:03 PM
:mad: I just got back from what should have been an excellent trip to Mountain that went sour due to poor verification and explanation of rules. I want to know how is it possible to change the rules after the season started??!?! Also if you change a rule, how come 4 cars were dq'd for the same violation....maybe you should get the word out a little better! We get there with 17x 6 CYL TRUCK and we go through the Talledgea style inspection...the only thing they didn't do is put a body template on the car...however, we are told to take off the rub rails, which we complied with, as well as our "aero package", a sheetmetal spoiler and rocker panels. A total joke on a 1/3 mile track. Then we are a 1/4 degree over the camber rule, so we are told to take out 2 shims (we took out 4). As we leave tech with our inspection sticker, Pappy says to Rob McCormick, "I don't mind if you race with us, but we have to talk about some changes to make if you want to continue to race with the cars". Rob very nicely agreed and that was that. After we make the truck MOUNTAIN MADNESS "LEGAL" and comply to the rules, Rob walks the dog on the 8cyl field, wins by a half lap, and thought he had won. They then decide that their ride height rule will be in effect and measure all the cars, dq'ing three of the top 5. We came within a whopping 16th of an inch under their 6 inch homemade ruler WITH A BASICALLY FLAT LF TIRE! We asked for a tape measure only to be denied, then the explanation we get from PAPPY is build a car for the next race...hold on, let me walk through the woods to that money tree that's growing and go put together a car just to race and go through the same politics that go on at MOST tracks. See ya later Mountain Speedway, it's been fun, but you lost 3 more teams in your already anorexic enduro division.

nflobster
03-25-2007, 06:09 AM

RacinRob
03-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Explain how that's a problem? Being 1500 pounds lighter and being able to carry more momentum going into the turns is a problem? Having a truck that handles is a problem?

Crazy Horse
03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
What's dogging??? Does that mean getting your "BUTT" kicked from a 6cyl? Maybe it's time you step up the program. ;) ;) :cool: :-B :lol: :wave: :confused:

fastgal
03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
My s-10 is slow. :(

McCormick
03-26-2007, 12:35 AM
:mad: All I want to say is every one that was at Mountain Speedway will be able to tell anyone that I took the race fair and ran a clean race. My truck met evey rule and I never heard of checking a ride hight after a race. I never saw it happen in a weekly division. This is probably is a waste of time for me to type this, but this took me out of the championship. 1/8th of an inch did not win me that race. :wave:

Erin C
03-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I was not there and didn't see anything or hear anything of what had happened besides what is on these posts.

I just want to say congratulations to you for winning a race vs the cars. I have watched you in many races and know you are a good clean driver and just want to offer my congrats. :cheers:

EnduroFromDE
03-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I too was not there this time, and I've also seen most of your races at Mountain and you are one of the fastest and cleanest racing cars, well truck, out there. Congrats on your WIN and I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't it you that said you were not going to race there ever again, last year, when they got you for "rough riding", on the last lap, fighting for the win??
A 1/16 of an inch, wow, and they call that an aerodynamic infraction? They must not have seen that cardboard/plastic hood you used to run:lol: . Anyway, I don't know where this is going, but, congrats again, and goodluck on your Riverhead and Mahoning enduro season.

richardpetey
03-27-2007, 11:09 PM
First off, the front running trux and 4 cyl. enduros turn faster lap times than the full size enduros because of less total weight, wheel base, fr. wheel drive advantage( during poor track conditions) ,etc.............:rolleyes:
Secondly, you should have noticed that mountain speedway "enticed" the enduro roster from NEETS to race under more "bonestock" conditions and cut the drivers "some slack" to achieve a decent first race "car count"...................:eek:
Last but not least, they are gonna make sure that there will never be a repeat winner in either division..............they want new names to take the checkers............good for business, hehe..............:help:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: