PDA

View Full Version : Blunderbust Ladies

rabbid1
03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Page 4 of Newsday has a nice article on the Blunderbust Jessica's . Nice to see the Blunders get some press . Riverhead Raceway on page 4 , Beautiful. Wish Newsday would do that more often.

Tracy87BB
03-25-2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.newsday.com/community/news/babylon/ny-p2race255144701mar25,0,141466.story

Accompanied by a nice picture and headline on the front cover, no less...NICE!!!

I met the guy who wrote this article, and actually spoke with him at some length. Very nice guy. I think he would have even given them more press all around, but in the newspaper world, you're limited by space and your editor. Nice job by Newsday, though. And good luck to all...

As a side note, if we are all in agreement that positive press is good for everyone involved, it couldn't hurt to drop Newsday a quick line and just say "thanks" or "nice job." Positive acknowledgement goes a long way, and it wouldn't take you any longer than it takes to log on to your myspace page and send a comment to one of your friends.

Tower Man
03-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Monday in Newsday's Part II Jessica Larsen will appear wearing some racing apparel as well. Today's story was only an add on at the last minute.

It was a cold afternnon for the photo shoot. Over 2 1/2 hours of photos and video. A big Thank you to the Chirico's for the use of the garage and driveway. Also a big thank you to Tommy Rogers who finsihed the lettering just in time that afternoon's shoot.

Nice job by Newsday.

W. J.
03-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Let's also remember that the article mentions Erin Dumicich and Kathleen Hallock, both of whom will be competing this season in the Super Pro Truck series at Riverhead. We at LI Jam welcome all four young ladies and wish them well. :)

Fig8 T.K.
03-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Nice article and pictures in todays Newsday. Good luck to the girls in the upcoming season. Sorry but we do have a little favoritism for one of the girls and we will be there to cheer you on each week.

A lot of people have been thanked in other posts, but everyone needs to give Linda Larsen a BIG thanks for organizing the photo shoot and interviews. This may open the door for future exposure for all drivers.

speed16racer
03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
If I had a garage and a crew, I would be out there everyweek showing the guys that the girls can do just as well as they do. I used to work on the #61 Blunderbust and if I absorbed half the stuff he taught me, I would be just as competitive as the boys.

racing#s
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
If you hadn't seen it, some Long Island lady drivers made the front page of Newsday today. Congrats, good luck in the upcoming season.
Racing is for anyone who can drive fast.....
Good Luck Erin !

Jaws
03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
A really positive article like that is great for the track.

Good luck this year to all the ladies and gentleman racing at the track this year!

LongIslandJam
03-26-2007, 07:26 AM
There's even a Newsday video at http://www.newsday.com/

Good work Jessica on being a positive role model for Riverhead Raceway!:)

CIN
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Wonderful article and video...congrats to all the ladies and I second a job well done by Jessica in the video...we are all very proud of you. (I know Rich would have been).

RGeeProductions
03-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Video can be found here (http://www.longislandjam.com/graphics/newsday%20race%20video.swf).

Rubbin&Racin
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Great article and video and Congratulations and best of luck to all the ladies. We wish you all the best and hope you get a win this year. To all the parents how proud you must all be and bustin at the seams...congrats to:cheers: you also.
Love,
Andy & Jo-:)

The Bullfather
03-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Well spoken, the narrator was ahhhhhh alright, but Jessica did a very good job. Good luck this season.:applause: I liked the video