PDA

View Full Version : Sonny Richards

racinpr
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Hello All, I’m hoping that most people that read this post have a least one fond memory of Sonny “the King” Richards. I am one of the lucky ones who has many.

After Sonny’s passing in 2001, at the urging of and with the support of some incredibly wonderful people, I started the Sonny Richards Memorial. This memorial includes an annual award for the Modified Tour community and a scholarship fund.

Back in 2004, C&C Racing Souvenirs created beautiful diecast Modifieds dedicated to Sonny. Through the generosity of C&C, 100% of the proceeds went to the Sonny Richards Memorial Scholarship. Today I still have a number of cars available. Anyone interested in purchasing a car for $10, can contact me at racinpr@aol.com or by calling (508) 847-0565. Feel free to stop me at the races as well.

All the money will continue to go toward the scholarship fund. As you may know, fundraising is a very difficult task, made even more difficult over the passage of time. It is hard to believe that Sonny has been gone for almost 7 years! If we can manage to raise enough money in 2007, another scholarship will be awarded later this year. (Feel free to suggest any fundraising ideas as well!)

Thank You for your time and support.

Dale Wolbrink

Long Live the King!!