PDA

View Full Version : More laps

st steven
03-30-2007, 04:50 AM
What does everybody think of the laps change? I think it's just a way to sell more tires. However, if people don't try to win on the 1st or 2nd lap, there could be some good racing, especially if you need laps to come up from the back.

LongIslandJam
03-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I don't know about the Modified tires, but the LM tires last for a while. I don't think that's the reason.

More laps should = better racing. For more of the shows at Mountain, the longer distance races are usually very good. So we'll see.:)

witchin8
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't think the extra laps will sell more tires.....

I think it's going to be exciting for the fans.

BlingxBling
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
More laps doesn't mean it will always be exciting. I have seen 25 lap freight train races (no passing everyone running in line), so more laps could add to the boredom, however during a heated battle it can certainly make for entertainment. I think the excitement is hidden within a bigger purse..that would mean more cars, which would mean more competition.

st steven
04-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't think the extra laps will sell more tires.....

I think it's going to be exciting for the fans.

More laps will sell more tires, no matter how you look at it. Those extra laps on the tires could have been laps in next weeks heat race.

Now... if that's the reason they added them??? Who knows?? It could come back to bite them on nights when time is issue.

Personally, I like the extra laps, but I think management is gonna have to be on their game as far as keeping the show moving to fit it all in. No more waiting around for tow trucks and long clean ups.

LongIslandJam
04-02-2007, 07:23 AM
As far as getting the show moving, they've done a wonderful job doing that. Past enduros they have made the show go in 3-4 hours. I feel they can handle it, but we shall see.

witchin8
04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
As far as getting the show moving, they've done a wonderful job doing that. Past enduros they have made the show go in 3-4 hours. I feel they can handle it, but we shall see.

Some were even quicker than that.... The first one from the start of the first enduro to the end of the second was only like 2-2.5 hrs

W. J.
04-02-2007, 09:57 AM
How did we get from more laps for modifieds to the length of enduro shows???

LongIslandJam
04-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Easy - enduro shows are notoriously bad for delays. If Mountain can get an enduro show done within a few hours, they can get a whole night of features with more laps no problem. That's my point.

EnduroFromDE
04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
So they're going to run Enduros along with their weekly features? They would have to start at like 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. to get everything in, are there no noise or time restrictions there? Some tracks need to be shut down by 11:30 due to noise restraints of the county/city. Or are you just comparing how long it SHOULD take to how long it DOES take?

RGeeProductions
04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Schedule for Regular Racing (http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Schedule/index.htm)
Schedule for Enduros (http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Enduro_Schedule/index.htm)

st steven
04-03-2007, 01:12 AM
I was talking about a regular show, not an enduro.

I've been to some Saturday night shows that go soooo smooth, and others that seem like nothing goes right.

I also think the drivers have a lot to do with it, stopping on the track for no reason, not pulling off when your leaking oil, not getting in line where you belong, not being ready in staging area, and so on....

We can't put all the blame on the officials.

LongIslandJam
04-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Folks I was doing a comparison... Like I said before, if you can get an Enduro show to run smoothly, you can pretty much do anything fast.

Drivers do have a lot to do with it, but officials need to set the tone so they know the tolerance level.

st steven
04-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Folks I was doing a comparison... Like I said before, if you can get an Enduro show to run smoothly, you can pretty much do anything fast.

Drivers do have a lot to do with it, but officials need to set the tone so they know the tolerance level.

Well said ;)