PDA

View Full Version : Rich Johnson...

Bobby Pease
03-31-2007, 11:22 PM
I just want to let Cindy and all the family and friends of Rich, that a day does not go by without me thinking of Rich. Whether it be in my garage, trailer, my home or on the road, he seems to say hi to me daily.. My prayers and thoughts go out to you Cindy, as well as your family, please remember we (your extended family) are here for you whenever you need us, I'm sure I speak for all of us on that one. Be strong, and I will talk to ya soon...
Love Bobby
4-1-06 God took a great one from us!

tstiles
04-01-2007, 07:23 AM
God bless the Johnsons.

vsmidge68
04-01-2007, 07:30 AM
We are thinking of you today, Cin.

W. J.
04-01-2007, 09:17 AM
One year ago today, racing of all forms lost one of it's greatest fans and participants, and more importantly, one of it's greatest contributors. Rich Johnson personified what a racer should be, and then went beyond that to help anyone who needed it, whether it was informational advice or finding something they needed for their car. That void has left a gap that I now see many trying to fill, and that should be remembered as Rich's true legacy, that he made people aware that help should be given to all to make our favorite sport as entertaining and competitive as possible.

We miss you, Rich, you gave us so much more than we could ever give you.

racenut38
04-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Rich was a big big inspiration to me and I will always remember him.He was a true racer and a great guy. Thank you Cindy and Bobby for all you have done for the sport we love so much.

Golf Guy
04-01-2007, 11:35 AM
"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

Not a more successful, happier guy than our friend Rich.

We all miss you,

Jim

RacinRob
04-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Rich, the enduro community misses you dearly.

rocket
04-01-2007, 05:24 PM
We miss you man. God bless Cindy Your Enduro Family will always be here for you.

LongIslandJam
04-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Indeed, Rich is still missed after a year... Long live Rich Johnson's memory as he was the driving force to why Enduros have been so successful at Riverhead and the Northeast.

99racing
04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
It's been a year, but he is always with us.. he will never be forgotten..
we have been thinking of the entire Johnson family today.
Cindy, if you need anything, we are always here for you.. if you need us, all you have to do is call us..

Kim, Jason & Kailey

CIN
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I want to thank everyone for their support, friendship and love this past year. It has meant the world to Richie, Mike, Samantha and me. All of you have made this path a little easier.

I have asked Billy Bartley (and will ask Riverhead) that any race that would be dedicated in Rich's honor be known as the "Remember our #1's" race. To remember Rich - being the #1, but to also have a race (day) dedicated to one and all who have ever lost a #1 in their lives. Be it a husband or wife, mother or father, sibling, God forbid a child, a friend or a fellow racer...we will honor all of our number #1's with that race. We will remember what they brought to and how they enriched our lives. And for that day, for that moment we will all try to remember the smiles and the love that our #1's gave to us. And to follow Rich's example of living life to the fullest.

And from me to everyone out there...enjoy your life, be as happy as you can be and help one another with whatever you can. We are all here for a brief moment in time, so smile.....

My love to all of you
CIN

The Bullfather
04-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Still miss his heart warming smile and laughter he brought to the track. I wish I got to know him a little bit more away from the track. I enjoyed the talks we did have about racing, music and our lives outside racing, even though most of it revolved around racing! :O) Thank you Cin for still being here for us! Much love. Selah

richardpetey
04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
God doesn't give you a "life" roadmap for the path you'll travel, nor the time of the journey, only your final destination........................:help:
Thanks to "Racin Rich", I can better appreciate my envolvement in the sport of enduro racing..................:cool:
His memory makes me enjoy every minute I spend behind the wheel because it could all be gone tomorrow.....................:angel:
Thanks Cindy, you're right! We all have a #1 we would give anything to just hug and kiss one more time............................:*-(
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Dirt and sweat
Grease and Oil
Hours of hard work
Family and Friends
Danger and death

A hero never boasts or brags
He was strong and silent
He raced swiftly and with skill
With cars flying all around him
He looked past the danger

Since this post started I wanted to write something but couldn't find what I wanted to say. It is hard to find words to say other than he was one of the finest people I have ever met in the enduro racing community and had so much skill and passion for the sport. He never turned down giving anyone pointers. Rich was a great man and I know I speak for everyone in the NEETS family when I say that he is and always will be greatly missed.

To Cindy, and the rest of the Johnson family, I admire how strong you are and you are in my thoughts & prayers.