PDA

View Full Version : Pitting

enduroracer131
04-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know how the pitting is going to work at MVS?:confused: I know for regular racing, the wall stays closed and you can't pit until the yellow comes out. Everyone knows how many people need to pit when racing in NEETS. Hopefully it will be kept open for the whole race, maybe just secure some tractor tires to the start of the wall there.

enduro438
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
When we used to run enduros there the wall was closed and you were stuck. Most people would pull to the infield. A few would stop on the track to bring out a caution so that the wall could be open.

W. J.
04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, they have CAUTIONS during their enduros!!??

CIN
04-02-2007, 08:09 PM
No yellows in NEETS....

Geno
04-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Ran a handful of enduros at MVS and also with NEETS there a time or two. Yes, they used to have yellows to slow the field down for the regular MVS enduros & the name of the game was basically to catch the person in front of you without passing them, until the red was thrown.

During one of the NEETS races- there was an old lady that climbed over the turn one wall and onto the track…interesting enough, a good reason for the red!:help:

I do remember that at that time there was a penalty if you pitted & it was only allowed under red. However, that was then.:confused:

richardpetey
04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Hopefully, Billy will convince MVS to leave the pit gate open during the race.........................;)
Although it probably doesn't matter........if you gotta pit at that track you might as well park it..................:eek:
Besides, I don't see an announcement about NEETS coming to MVS on their site........SOON I HOPE............................:help:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DEMotorsports
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
:lol: You don't need no stinkin pit gate. Why, with your airplane style driving, you can fly over the wall for a pit stop. LOL:D See you at the "Bowl".
Duane

pitbull113
04-03-2007, 05:46 PM
They will have to keep the gate open because the infield won't hold all the wrecked cars from a 75 car field on that little track. Bring plenty of hammers and prybars.

Braddock Bandit
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I didn't know, with no activity on the NEETS web page. No schedule, no registration list. What's up with Billy and his web page? Just to busy I'm guessing. See you all at Mahoning!!!

rcp_ny
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Besides, I don't see an announcement about NEETS coming to MVS on their site

We get a mention in the latest "Dino's News" article, at
http://www.mahoningspeedway.com/html/dino_s_news.html

Mobigsly
04-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Does that pit wall swing in towards the track or does it swing out?

Erin C
04-22-2007, 01:28 PM
The pit wall does not swing in the track, it swings out, and it will be left open during the enduros...:)

with how many laps are in these enduros it would be terrible for someone to get a flat on the first lap and have to wait for a red to go fix it...we want to give everyone the opportunity to race as much as they possibly can so it will stay open...:applause:

enduroracer131
04-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks Erin, just wanted to make sure:applause: , I could just see it now if they left it closed, 25 cars sitting in the infield with flats waitin to get to the pits. :lol:

Erin C
04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
No Problem!! I just wanted to lift anyone's worries about it!!