PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Jitney Race Tours: THOMPSON WMT RACE #1

RGeeProductions
04-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok Ted.
Any info for Thompson's Icebreaker (http://www.hamptonjitney.com/cgi-bin/nav-races.cgi?id=1175577722&dir=data&page=RACE-tours.html&key=1107824377#detail)?

Teds Race Tours
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Sure, I am an info machine. :)

We have Pickup locations in the following towns.

Southampton 6am, Westhampton 6:30 am, Riverhead 6:45 am, Farmingville 7:10 am, Commack 7:30 am, and Hicksville 7:50 am.

The price for the Bus Trip is $50 for Adults, $45 for Seniors, and $24 for Kids 14+ under. If you pay in full in advance by This Friday the 7th, We'll take $5 off of each fare. We also have a one way fare for $35 per person if you group is already at the track, and you only need a ride there. The price does not include a race ticket, which can be purchased at either the Front Gate, or The Pit Gate.

The Track admission Prices are listed below.

Admission: $40.00 Adults ---$10.00 Juniors (Ages 6-14) FREE Kids (Ages 5 & Under)$50.00 Pits

We have a great group of folks who regularly take the Motorcoach up for the Modified Events, and we'd love to make the family that much bigger.

For more info, please give me a call at 631-283-4600 ext 390. Thanks.

RGeeProductions
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
NOTE: I am on it!!!!!!!!!!
And thanks Ted......

kinserfan11
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM
What about us fans(photographers ) from keystone state? :cheers:

Axel
04-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Hey Kinserfan-- if you are tevalleing to Thompson on rt 78 thru NJ, let me know. If you want to ride-share, I can pick you up in either Clinton or Birdgewater, NJ.
-Alex

Teds Race Tours
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
What about us fans(photographers ) from keystone state? :cheers:

We are out of Long Island, so thats where our pickup locations are.

Jaws
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I know you already told me but what time does the bus leave on Sunday from Hicksville.

kinserfan11
04-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Any chance i could park my car there and what time will we be back?:cheers:

Axel
04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
I can pick you up in Clinton. You can park at the Clinton Bagel Compaony (I can email you directiosn if intersted). We are leaving my house at 6am, Clnton Bagel Co at 6:15 and Bridgewater by 6:45 or so. Lemme know if interested.

Probably be back in Clinton around 9 or 10pm.

Gil
04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I heard your ad on CW Post/LIU radio the other night. Thanks for supporting a station that plays some great jazz!!!

Teds Race Tours
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Hampton Jitney is postponing its schedule Motorcoach trip to Thompson Speedway this Sunday. In speaking to many of my friends who take the bus, the interest in travelling 4 hours each way with an 80% chance of rain on Sunday, just doesn't seem to be a worthwhile proposition.

Hampton Jitney wanted to make this decision early enough for people to make other plans for the weekend, or for those who still want to attend, to have proper time to make their own ferry/travel plans to the event.

Hampton Jitney has set aside a Motorcoach for Sunday April 22nd should a rain date be needed for this event. For those who have already paid, a full refund will be given, or a transfer of payment to any of our Modified Events, the choice is yours.

RGeeProductions
04-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for setting next week up Ted, does look threatening enough for this weekend.
PLUS gives me a week to burn in the new camera.

Teds Race Tours
04-15-2007, 11:48 AM
OK, Lets try this again.

Sunday April 22nd. 2007 Icebreaker at Thompson

We have Pickup locations in the following towns.

Southampton 6am, Westhampton 6:30 am, Riverhead 6:45 am, Farmingville 7:10 am, Commack 7:30 am, and Hicksville 7:50 am.

The price for the Bus Trip is $50 for Adults, $45 for Seniors, and $24 for Kids 14+ under. If you pay in full in advance by This Friday the 21st, We'll take $5 off of each fare. We also have a one way fare for $35 per person if you group is already at the track, and you only need a ride there. The price does not include a race ticket, which can be purchased at either the Front Gate, or The Pit Gate.

The Track admission Prices are listed below.

Admission: $40.00 Adults ---$10.00 Juniors (Ages 6-14) FREE Kids (Ages 5 & Under)$50.00 Pits

We have a great group of folks who regularly take the Motorcoach up for the Modified Events, and we'd love to make the family that much bigger.

For more info, please give me a call at 631-283-4600 ext 390. Thanks.

RGeeProductions
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
When I am in Southampton this week delivering, who do I ask for or see at Jitney.

Teds Race Tours
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Ask for me if I'm there. If not, Sheryl or Leslie from Acct can handle payments between 9-5.

64 degrees and partly cloudy. Looking much better this weekend.

Teds Race Tours
04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
As of Today, they are calling for 70 Degrees and Sunny. :cheers:

RGeeProductions
04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Ted, will be busting by sometime, somehow today. Not sure if we are staying together or spliting up the route today. Would be around 4 ish. The weather change has me so frickin psyched and new camera to boot, woooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
BTW: Love the myspace avatar, lol!!!!!

RGeeProductions
04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I just want to mention that Ted and Hampton Jitney are they way to go for your racing fix. Ted is always a gentlemen, hahahahha, the people on the bus are always the best and it's just a great way to have a wonderful day of racing without the worry of driving. All you do is sit back and enjoy the company on the bus OR the racing videos that are always on during the trip [or sleep 1/2 the time like me].
I also want to mention it was great meeting a few people from the forums and also those who contribute to The Chrome Horn. I got to meet The Danko's, Walt Stubbs, Dave Meredith, by accident as we have the same camera, 1 in a million meeting here, Russ, Fred, Betty, and few photographers, sorry so many names, and last but not least, Ben Dodge. ALL FANTASTIC PEOPLE!!!! I had an issue when I got there and Ben, with the help of Howie, was very accommodating and treated me like a good friend.
All round great time going there, being there and coming home, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
So if you need that racing fix and want to REALLY enjoy it, look up Ted and The Jitney for your racing fix!!!!
Thanks Ted for what you do for us, the fans!!!!!

Hampton Jitney Schedule (http://www.hamptonjitney.com/cgi-bin/nav.cgi?page=race.html)

PS: Sorry if I have forgotten anyone as there was a lot to absorb when I was there.

Axel
04-24-2007, 08:33 AM
All you do is sit back and enjoy the company on the bus OR the racing videos that are always on during the trip [or sleep 1/2 the time like me].

Richie, the only problem is the roving photographers who take pictures of you while you are asleep! Other than that, Hampton Jitney rules and is definitely the way to get to a race! Keep up the good work Tbax!
-Axel

RGeeProductions
04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Guess I better watch my back!!!!

Teds Race Tours
04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Richie. You don't have to watch your back as you have your own camera, and can get even with me. Axel on the other hand is still working on his typing, and cannot take a picture to save his life.:)

Yes, the myspace avatar is my favorite. I heard its gonna make a premiere soon in another location.:)

RGeeProductions
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Actually the avatar in question has already made it's appearence a few days ago........here...
Hey Ted, look close at mine, LOL.....

RGeeProductions
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I ALMOST FORGOT the funniest thing that happened at Thompson. I had met a few of the media/news people in the pits and a very funny story was told to me and the others there. Sunday morning, NASCAR held a breakfast for all the media/news people. During this breakfast, the new trophy was unveiled for all to see for the WMT champion [see story of trophy on TCH front page]. Of course, all the photographers grabbed pictures of the 3 foot tall trophy. I will put the story in the fashion of those commercials where they tell you how much each thing costs and the last thing is always "PRICELESS".
NOTE: all prices appox. LOL
Here goes:

NASCAR POSTED AWARDS: $89,186
A RUNNING MODIFIED: $65,000
NASCAR NEW WMT TROPHY: $8,000
COST FOR AVERAGE FAN FOR SHOW: $85 [Ticket, food, program, mostly beer]
MEDIA PERSON TAKING PICTURE OF NASCAR's WMT NEW TROPHY WITH A CELL PHONE CAMERA. PRICELESS!!!!!