PDA

View Full Version : "Winged 100"-4 cylinder enduro at Mountain Speedway on 4/14

intense1
04-03-2007, 10:22 AM
The American Three Quarter Midget Racing Association will be hosting the "Spring Fling-Thunder at Mountain Speedway" on Saturday, April 14. More than 50 cars are expected from all over the Northeast and Canada. With a $10,000 purse, This is expected to be the largest event of its kind for the lightning fast, winged wonders. Also on the card is a special "Winged 100" 4-cylinder enduro race. The enduro will pay $747 to win and you must start the race with a midget/sprint car type wing mounted to the roof. Creativity is encouraged and there will be a prize for the "Best wing". Visit www.atqmra.org or www.mountainspeedway.com or call the speedway office at 570-384-3215 for more info.

intense1
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
FREE open practice from 4-5pm on Friday the 13th (following the TQ practice, which is 1-4pm)

EnduroFromDE
04-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Can these sprint car type wings be custom made or real sprint car wings? I was not planning on intending the race myself, but im sure sooner or later this question would come up. Well I do have a late 80's accord, and plenty on sheet metal, I'm not using. Maybe I might just sign up. hmmmmmmmm.

W. J.
04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
At the driver's meeting at their last enduro event, Mike Odwazny told everyone he wanted a wing similar to the type run on sprint cars, but that fins would also be acceptable, which means homemade, self fabricated and designed are fine, but the car must have something of that type on it at the beginning of the race, and a prize will be awarded to the one they like the best.

witchin8
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I love how everyone is saying at the beginning of the race.... I don't think you can take them off during the race, and I also hope for safeties sake the don't just fly off......