PDA

View Full Version : Drivers names and #s Freeport Speedway

nascar071
04-04-2007, 01:35 PM
A few drivers have come to mind lately. Drivers like Stormin Norman Dennig, # 29( i think), Hawkeye Hansen #?, I believe Tom Hall ran the 333 one night . Does any one remember anyone else or have contact with some drivers from Freeport. ( Bobby Graiser, Jim Shipley,Randy Murray,Joe Hodge, ( we all know where Scott Wolf is ),Steve Gremple, Hutch, Fred Tuski Jr,---- Etc!!!!!!!!

Dwight Clock
04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Without a doubt your first move should be to contact Marty Himes. If anyone knows where some of those drivers are it is Marty.

jm31
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Haweye ran # 19. At least according to a 1982 program...

jm31
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
How about Andy Saffioti # 94, who can forget Doug Burris # 71, Skip Brown # 92, Billy Verwys # 88, Billy Bloore # 1, Cookie Visconti # 74, Jim White # 10, Ed Jackowicz # 86, Roger Peterkin # 93, come on Ron, you're not THAT old...

W. J.
04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Fred Tuski, when we last heard from him, now lives in North Carolina, I think.
Bill Verwys raced enduros up until a few years ago; his sons still do in the NEETS races.

Mike Fields
04-04-2007, 06:28 PM
WJ, the last time I spoke to Fred, I believe he was living down in Florida.

nascar071
04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I do know that Gerry Giordano #15 still lives in Freeport and works for the Freeport Electric company. Turn em lose Bruce Marmann still lives in East Meadow and works for the Dept of Sanitation( Still has the beard ) him and poppa Fiola kinda look alike. Mike the Knife Herold still in Levittown , Hey Gravel do you remember a demo driver from Wantagh used to make his cars look like boats,the General Lee, even a shark

nascar071
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Where is Red Raynor? would love to talk to him

Mike Fields
04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Red is usually in the pits most Saturday nights at Riverhead.

art11758
04-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Next time I talk to Dave Veltman I will ask him. If I'm not mistaken, I heard Dave say they are neighbors in Crystal River, Fla.

Gravel
04-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I do know that Gerry Giordano #15 still lives in Freeport and works for the Freeport Electric company. Turn em lose Bruce Marmann still lives in East Meadow and works for the Dept of Sanitation( Still has the beard ) him and poppa Fiola kinda look alike. Mike the Knife Herold still in Levittown , Hey Gravel do you remember a demo driver from Wantagh used to make his cars look like boats,the General Lee, even a shark

That would be "Bronco" Bob Kibble

capitalcity300
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
How do you contact Marty Himes?
Fast mail?
Snail mail?
Or good old Pony Express Mail?
Is he a member of the Racerhub Forums?
Would you think he will know anything on Sal Franzese's 1955 Freeport racing history?

GOT ANY INFORMATION ON OLD RACING!!! :help:
SPREAD IT AROUND FOR FUTURE RACE FANS!!! :cheers:
DON'T LET IT GATHER DUST IN THE ATTIC!!! :(
AND WORSE YET!!! :disgusted
DON'T TAKE IT WITH YOU, WHEN YOU KICK THE BUCKET!!! :angel:

RGeeProductions
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
All Marty Himes info here (http://www.flyinbryan.com/himes/updates.html)

capitalcity300
04-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for Marty Himes website info. :cheers:
I will contact him. :applause:

nascar071
04-11-2007, 12:55 PM
When I started this thread, I was hoping to hear from old friends or people that know of the where abouts of some "old timers". Maybe someone has a story they would like to tell or can give a little info on where some of us have gone. Bruce Botwanik (I think that's how to spell his name) comes to mind, does anyone know where he his? I remember when he came out with his CSC products Camaro, man that thing was cool, I was thinking at the time, "How can I beat this guy? I don't have that kind of money to buy one of those cars.", so we built our own just to see if we could do better. Or how about Campi when he came out with that orange #81? I think Ron Thiel built that one, then Art Tappen built Campi's next car, while I wasn't as fast as those guys, I certainly didnt give up. Long story longer, I was just hoping to hear from some old friends I haven't heard from in a long time. I'm getting old I guess. I'll try and add some more when I find the time. Thanks to those who responded. Ron Langdon