PDA

View Full Version : Thompson weather....

stefanikfan
04-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I checked out weather.com, and weatherforyou.com and Sunday looks questionable. They are calling for a 70 percent chance of precipitation. The percentage was lower over this past weekend so it looks as though it's getting worse. Will Nascar make a discision to call it, or will they get in as much as possible on Saturday and hope for the best for Sunday?

If so, when will a make up date be??

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan.:cheers:

bucket67
04-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Make up date is the following weekend 4/21-22

raceaddict24
04-10-2007, 08:06 AM
I checked out weather.com, and weatherforyou.com and Sunday looks questionable. They are calling for a 70 percent chance of precipitation. The percentage was lower over this past weekend so it looks as though it's getting worse. Will Nascar make a discision to call it, or will they get in as much as possible on Saturday and hope for the best for Sunday?

If so, when will a make up date be??

Rob,

Oh Robby Boy, don't you know here in New England the weather changes daily?! I say they will get it all in!

RGeeProductions
04-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Sunday's weather report. (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USCT0230?dayNum=4):confused:

Rbemben1
04-10-2007, 12:04 PM
...never look a gift horse in the mouth, I always say...

Thank you all (the powers that be)!!

stefanikfan
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh Robby Boy, don't you know here in New England the weather changes daily?! I say they will get it all in!

I know. I'll be there reguardless! Last year, I remember Bobby and I sitting under my awning listening to my radio while it snowed!

I'll be there on Friday, for the afternoon, then coming back early Saturday am. with a load of firewood.

See you all then....

Rob.:cheers:

Steve O
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
So would it be bad and evil of me to hope for a postponement since I'm going to be out of town? Nah, I'll be good... I hope that it's sunny and warm and that you all have a good time. But if they postpone, the next weekend could be good... TVMS at Waterford on Saturday night and Icebreaker at Thompson on Sunday.

-Steve

stefanikfan
04-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Ooooh cool! A double whammy of a weekend....I could go for that. I'd have to truck my butt on up to Thompson as soon as the TVMRS race is over to sit by the fire. Sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise.

But I really do feel for the tour guys and fans that travel long distances only to turn around and go home and come back the following weekend. Let's hope Nascar will make a descision sooner than later.

Rob,

gomodsgo
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
well... about 45 mins from Keene and it has snowed all day here.... about 5 inches so far... and calling for more through the night. Not looking very good, but knowing Larry.. he is going to stall as long as he can... with high hopes that the sun will shine and the track/pits/parking lot will dry for Saturday.

WillyKJr
04-13-2007, 12:53 PM
well... about 45 mins from Keene and it has snowed all day here.... about 5 inches so far... and calling for more through the night. Not looking very good, but knowing Larry.. he is going to stall as long as he can... with high hopes that the sun will shine and the track/pits/parking lot will dry for Saturday.

Larry who? If you're referring to the TVMRS race (which this thread is not about) then you need to know that it has been postponed to the weekend of 4/28.

Back to Thompson. I think we will have a great day on Saturday. Show up Sunday because they won't call it in time and then have to load up, head home and come back next week for features. That's okay. One extra weekend we get to be at the track when we may not have been otherwise.

stefanikfan
04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Not really ok though....We take it for granted being so close to Thompson. Take Shadow for instance, about 2 years ago on a rainy Sunday morning he called me and said that he was sitting in the breakdown lane in New Jersey, Jamie had just called him and told him that Nascar had postponed the event. Luckily, he was still in New Jersey. I thought he was kidding. I shut everything off, locked the camper and went home.

My point is I just wish Nascar would call this thing BEFORE all these folks head north, south, east or where ever.....

Rob.:) :cheers:

Sandra
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Walk a mile in our shoes. 13 hours one way with the price of gas.

Axel
04-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow. I really admire your dedication to the tour. I hear you -- it would be really nice to know in advance especially for folks like yourself.

stefanikfan
04-13-2007, 06:40 PM

Good point Sandra, the Hillbilly gang is a very good example!

Rob.:cheers:

ThE sHaDoW
04-13-2007, 11:46 PM

I hear ya. I walk about a 1/3 mile in your shoes and I hate it. But we sure had fun at Riverhead last year after the race? Burgers were flying.

Sorry Rob, I'm leaving at 3AM, so if they call it, no one will be up to call me this time.