PDA

View Full Version : Nextel at Riverhead Raceway

Mack
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
:help: As much as this is going to be an historical racing event at Riverhead Raceway. Having 2 Nascar Nextel Cup Cars racing on the 1/4 mile oval. All of us are responsible in spreading the word. Let every race fan you know or anybody you know, what is about to happen on Saturday April 21st, 2007. We want every Long Islander to know that racing is alive and well and going strong on the island. It hasn't disappeared. So do what you can to help. Let's keep Riverhead Raceway going strong for many years to come. I'm going to ! I want to personnally thanks Marty Himes for helping me believe. He told me, " In the long run, it's all going to be worth it ". I sure hope so! :applause: Read : The Longislandjam article about Nextel coming to Riverhead Raceway and check out the flyer

RGeeProductions
04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree, racing IS ALIVE on Long Island. This will be an event to see for all.
As Bob mentioned, SPREAD THE WORD. Get it out as there are many out there that still say, "Riverhead Raceway? That's still open?". Believe it or not, many don't know we are still racing here. This benefits all of us. More fans, more potential sponsors, more people wanting to race, means more car counts, all round great pay off here for all.
[LIJam Article (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2007/newsmain/news040807a.htm)] [Flyer (http://www.rgeepro.com/flyer)]

turn1cowboy
04-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I can't believe it.

racerwife
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Has the track promoted this event with the Cup cars in any published media??? I haven't seen anything about it? Since I would imagine there will be a fee of some amount to watch and see these cars perform, doesn't it seem that they should be ADVERTISING to let the public know about it. And the fact that the famous Riverhead Raceway still exists and is starting a new racing season? Seems the track hasn't done any or much advertising in the past few years... and look at the stands, EMPTY !!! Remember when there was an advertisement weekly in Newsdays'/Suffolk Lifes' sports section someplace, radio spots too I think? And the stands were fuller than they have been in years !! Hmmmm... what do you think? Money well spent...they did have much more reasonable admission prices then too. That alone will drive them away or bring them home !

W. J.
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
The event will include FREE admission to the grandstand area, just as it's always been for 'open practice only' sessions. This is the first of 2 listed as pre-season warmup sessions, with the other being a week later on April 28th, also with free spectator admission.

RGeeProductions
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
The story was put on Long Island Jam front page and the flyer, which has about 600 copies out as of last night, to get this news out there.

LongIslandJam
04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
The track with the help of its many dedicated fans, has started a guerrilla marketing campaign with flyers to all over the Island. With a limited budget for advertising, this is the BEST method to spread the word. It's worked for many popular products and services, so we'll see what the result will be for opening practice, traditionally not a well-attended event, but I have a feeling it will be different.

racerwife
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Free advertising for most events is also done by News12...
A representative from the racetrack only needs to contact them a week in advance for them to put it up on the things to see and do section of their broadcast. Mr Finan, I think thats your phone dialing and ringing....

As for the flyers... terriffic!!! We certainly will tell race fans we come into contact with about it. Sounds like fun and a nice day.

Mack
04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
We all have been working very hard this week, contacting media all over Long Island. News 12, local cable channels 20 & 21, Suffolk Life, Newsday, News 55 ..... and so on. New York channels 2,4,5, 7,9,11....... Everyone's been sending out faxes to many Nassua & Suffolk Car dealerships. I think were all doing a pretty good job getting the word out. I'm the one who started the idea of promoting the event at Riverhead Raceway. Along with Bill Denniston, Long Island Jams John Ackley, Richie Grodski, Marty Himes & last but not least, my daugther Danielle.

Mack
04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
This Saturday 4/14/07 and next Saturday 4/21/07 , Listen to 102.3 WBAB. In the afternoon between 2 & 7 pm. My buddy Mr. Nascar "Steady Eddie" will be talking about the event coming to Riverhead Raceway. WBAB has been a long time sponsor of my racing teams at Riverhead Raceway. :applause:

The Bullfather
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
How many laps, how much are they allowed to get on it? These two cars don't belong to Ed and Eddie, so how much can they put into the match race? I'm excited to see it, hope they do get on it and put on a show. Maybe they can get into their everyday vechiles afterwards and floor them too. lol Should be fun to watch.

Mack
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
We're trying to fit in 2 races with these cars. In addition, we're working on having a special starter for this event. I wonder who it could be. See if you can guess who it might be. I know who it is, but if I tell you, I'd have to kill you.

Mack
04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
WOW ! I can believe all the E-Mail's I'm getting about this event at Riverhead Raceway. I thank you for all the mail, but really all you've got to do is check out Richie Grodski / RGee Productions post, he has the links to both the flyer & write-up. Once again, thanks for all the response and we hope to see you at Riverhead Raceway next Saturday the 21st. " BE THERE, OR BE SQUARE ! "

The Bullfather
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Sorry if my post came off wrong, I am excited to see this and it is a GREAT thing to help promote the track. Everyone needs to help promote the track to make it grow and keep it going!

Mack
04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
This Saturday April 21st 2007 will be an exciting one at that. With 2 Nascar Nextel Cup Cars taking to the 1/4 mile oval. It would only be fitting to have a legendary starter at the helm. Well, I just happen to know one. I consider him, one of the best, that Long Island's ever had. " Mr. Ray Morturano " . He was the Starter at Islip Speedway, Riverhead Raceway and even did a few events at Freeport Stadium. He worked with some of the great's, like Dutch Miller, Johnnie Rocco, Bobby Lee and Bobby Carr. Ray was a starter on Long Island from 1973- 1987. What a great run Ray had and now to have him come back for this event, WOW ! It doesn't get any better than this.