PDA

View Full Version : Imus

WEEZER
04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Now that Imus is gone, it gives me more time to listen to rappers degrade women and flaunt having a 45's, yippie!! Gotta love America's press sensationalism. I wonder if Rev Al and Rev Jesse will apologize to the parents of the Duke lacrosse players for their false acusations of them, like they want Imus to apoligize to the Rutger's players parents??????????

Jones44
04-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Al Sharpton always talks like he has his head up his ***, and as far as I'm concerned, HE is the racist. Just look at the track record of "causes" he undertakes. Certainly doesn't deserve the title of Reverend. MSNBC has lost a viewer altogether, I will now look elsewhere when I want news, and if any of the companies that cancelled their sponsorships were people I did business with, I would cease that as well. The I-man offended some people, he apologized, so let it be. I just hope that if Imus' radio show does get the chance to re-start after the suspension, that it doesn't change one bit.

Rich Mergl
04-12-2007, 07:30 AM
TODAYS NEWSDAY THURSDAY APRIL 12TH
Page A74 Great Column by SHAUN POWELL read it.

W. J.
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Ah, Freedom of Speech, but only if you don't offend anyone? Imus only said what I've heard way too many times on the street and in shopping malls. Sorry, I didn't hear it in 'rap' since I don't listen to that supposed form of entertainment. I'm with Jones, many chicken-hearted sponsors will see my dollars go elsewhere. If I'm offended by something on the airwaves, I change the station. Is that so hard? :mad:

catfish
04-12-2007, 01:22 PM
You're right Rich, that column explains it all pretty well.

W. J.
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Here's a link to the Newsday story. Very interesting reading.

www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sppow125168074apr12,0,1440484.column?coll=ny-sports-headlines

They even have a place where you can add a comment on their forum. (yep, I couldn't resist, LOL)

The Bullfather
04-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice going MSNBC for pulling IMUS when he is able to get millions of dollars for children every year. This is suppose to be the weekend to rasie that money and no national tv exposure. Nice going Sharpton, I can't say what I really want to say about the man here, I'd be kicked off the Jam for good!!! But as must people know, we all feel the same about his BS. I can't stand Imus, show could put me to sleep. I don't agree with most of his politics, but he's done a lot of children with hsi ranch. I heard 80% of the kids that go to the ranch are african american!!! What Imus said of the Rutger's team was wrong, he apolgized for it and has face enough. The old horse (he's an rugged type man, old school) put his foot in his mouth.

W. J.
04-12-2007, 06:37 PM
And now CBS has caved in and also fired Imus. Sharpton pledges to "clean up the whole entertainment industry" in his news conference following Imus' firing.
Please read the Shaun Powell story from the link above, and then ask yourself what's wrong with this whole thing. If you stil have any questions in your mind, check out the Letterman Top Ten I had to censor in our joke section, where the same 'offensive word' was used (deleted; we don't need Al and Jesse after us). Is Dave next, LOL???

richardpetey
04-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Usually don't comment on politically incorrect issues, but gotta get in on this one.......................:(
The Rearends (excuse me, Reverends) Sharpton and Jackson are, purely and simply, race baters..................................:rolleyes:
Between the two of them, I don't believe they could do anything to make this a better world....................................:help:
Although Imus is not one of my personal favorites, he has done more for sick children than those two self-appointed extortionists have ever done for their own race..............:eek:
Oh well, I guess "the wrong reverends" were jealous! Now they're all jobless...........................;)
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mike Fields
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
How many years ago did the "Reverend" Al Sharpton perpetrate the Tawana Brawley fiasco, attempting to take down hard working law enforcement officers?

And how about "Reverend" Jesse Jackson, who referred to New York as "Heimi-Town" attempting to deflect his own comment last night, stating that Imus' comment was totally different than his?

Do those two believe that we'll all forget what they've perpetrated on the public for over 20 years? At least when they stood with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King in the 60s, they were both unknown.

I guess I can't help still longing for the good old days, when those two frauds were still unknown...

W. J.
04-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Let's not forget their more recent history with the Duke LaCross team fiasco. Wisely the people of NC told them to stay away, but it didn't stop them from spouting their usual ridiculous rhetoric against three INNOCENT players when the cameras and light went on.

Imus will go down as the person who committed a misdemeanor, and faced a firing sqaud. What he said was wrong, he realized it later on, he apologized, and the goof balls still wanted his head, and got the chicken geniuses who run CBS and NBC to cave in. I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to all.