PDA

View Full Version : RR Chargers @ Mountain

intense1
04-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Any Riverhead Charger may add a 650cfm Holley 4-brl carb and run with the Mountain Late Models(10 inch wheels and track tires) provided they conform to the RR charger rules.

bulldozer
04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
So you want a charger that is 250 pounds more and metric chassis to run with a late model at mountain with a 650 4 barrel?Maybe if you had a special race at the end of the year for the chargers only, or maybe mix it with the trucks, that would be fun and I would come to that. C Turbush

DODGE99
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I agree with Chris. Even with the 4 barrel, I'm pretty sure we still will be at a disadvantage. I would also go to a specialty race at Mountain or race with the trucks.

figure849
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Before we got a late model, we started out with Roger's Figure 8 car with a Scorpion charger motor. We put on better heads, headers, and ran the two barrel. We were able to qualify for the King Of The Mountain. Think we finished in the top ten back then. We also ran the twin 25's and finished 4th in one and 6th in the other. Great track, and even better group of people running the place. They act like they want you to come back. Imagine that.

White Lightnin
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
When Mountain dropped the Pro Stock division we were given the same deal with adding the 650. Only 1 or 2 ever came back to run with the full blown Late Models. There are more Pro Stocks sitting than there are Late Models running at Mountain. In fact, I have a brand new one that has never seen the track. I could never understand why Mountain would get rid of a class that was exclusive to that track and now they have a hard time getting and keeping 10 Late Models. At the time, the Chargers fit right in with the Pro Stocks. Who can figure?:(

intense1
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
The #9 of Jim Yamelski was competitive with a former "pro stock" on sunday before the driveshaft let go. Just a few tenths off and he will get better. I have heard for years now about ALL the pro stocks that are sitting and also saw the attempted "ressurrection" of the division, with the same handful of cars showing up every week. With the evolvement of the street stock division, if you have a full chassis back to the rear end, then it can still be made to fit street stock rules, If not, you can run it under the provision for "pro stocks", as a late model.
The racers who want to race, will do what they need to do.....It's already being done.

White Lightnin
04-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Mike, what attempted Pro Stock ressurrection? Did I miss something? We tried to organize a come back but the answer from Joe C was always the same "NO". Not wanting to be wall fodder for the real Late Models, I contacted (or tried to) Billy Bartley and a couple of tech men that had come and gone asking "what exactly will you accept, as changes on my car, that will let me run as a Street Stock and not get me DQ'ed every week?" and I never once recieved an answer. I was going to run at Bethal but that is another sorted story. It sure looks like Mountain could use some sort of Limited Late Model that is a bit more affordable that the few "real" Late Models that you have now. The people that have that kind of money would put it into a Mod anyway. I know I'm beating a dead horse but my chance to "vent" comes only once in a while.

figure849
04-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I never would have known that the #9 was not a '' late model,'' he was very competitive. great job Jim

White Lightnin
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
I was told that it was one of Jim Lamoreaux's old late models.