PDA

View Full Version : Single File

modfan#22
04-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I JUST DON'T GET IT AFTER ONE LAP WE GO SINGLE FILE RESTARTS , I AS A RACE FAN WANT TO SEE DOUBLE FILE , SINGLE FILE IS LIKE WATCHING A TRAIN RACE . IN A 40 LAP RACE , DOUBLE STARTS FOR 30 LAPS , LAST 10 SINGLE FILE . JUST MY WAY OF THINKING . WHAT DO THE DRIVERS THINK OF THESE SINGLE FILE RESTARTS . :rolleyes:

LongIslandJam
04-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I know at Mountain, we tried the single file restarts for NELMA. It produced some great long-term racing which was needed for a long 100-lapper. Anyone who watched the NELMA event would agree with me, that it was one hell of a show.

We had some issues, but it was our first time utilizing it, and it worked out great for everyone involved.

We'll see how it works on a regular basis for Mountain. It should produce better racing in my opinion once people get used to it. But we'll find out!:)

BlingxBling
04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree...I feel the only time single file should be put into effect prior to 10 to go is in the event multiple wrecks happen with out any laps being recorded. Otherwise it is a faster way of creating a "freight train" which makes for a very boring race.

nobandwagonhere
04-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Usually, single file restarts begin at the half way point. If it takes the race forever and a day to get off of lap 6, then they usually start the single file early. As far as a single file restart on the first caution early in the race, that would bore me.

st steven
04-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't like the new rule either, I also heard a lot of people at the track complaining about it, too. They might as well bring out the orange cone on a rope, like the dirt tracks do. Hopefully they will change this rule soon.

st steven
04-23-2007, 02:24 AM
It should produce better racing in my opinion once people get used to it. But we'll find out!:)

You say this, as if there's a chance they may change the rule.
Is that a possibility????

I hope so.....

LongIslandJam
04-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Anything is possible... I know the management of Mountain is open, but as with any experiment, they need time to test it out.

I also believe Oswego does single file restarts as well. If anybody could just confirm that with me, I would appreciate it.

Mortgage Guy
04-23-2007, 07:17 AM
JA, I was there yesterday and I must say that it was one of the most boring day of races I have attened and simply for the fact of the single file restart. One lap at double file of a 40 lap mod race someone spins and then it was single file for the next 39 and for the most part that was how they ran. The point they tried to make was that they added laps to compensate. I'm sure if they asked the drivers they would run less laps at double file. They said it was to speed up the show and that didn't happen either. Hopefully they change the rule back to what it was and leave it at there discrection. Too many cautions go to single file restarts.

Chuck Schartzer
04-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Single file MAY not be a bad idea if the track would put some adhesive down the morning before the race. I used to help and I have applied this substance to the track and the racing was awesome!! Also I think running the Mods first on a track that looked like Big Diamond ( day after an enduro) maybe isn't such a great idea. Anyone watching can tell there was no outside passing. One of the only passes made was when the turn 2 flagger let a car that spun a couple of times out in front of the leaders and was a direct result in the outcome of the race. By the way great move by ZZ using the lapper to his advantage. Just my opinion.:cheers:

st steven
04-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Anything is possible... I know the management of Mountain is open, but as with any experiment, they need time to test it out.

I also believe Oswego does single file restarts as well. If anybody could just confirm that with me, I would appreciate it.

The last time I was at Oswego (several years ago) they did have s.f. restarts. However, they did allow passing as soon as the flag droped, even if You were still in turn 2. Lappers were also blacked flaged as soon as the leader passed them, and that didnt take long with a s.f. restart.

IMO. I think track size has a lot to do with it working or not.

nymods
04-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Oswego uses single file restarts as in the past, but they now do not let you pass until you get to the start/finish line. This works for Oswego because it is a bigger track and passing is not as difficult there, even though i have seen races with very lttle passing there as well. I believe managements plan is to try to minimize cautions, but it just didn't seem to work well yesterday. After a few weeks with the handicapping system, you will see more passing. There are pros and cons to single file restarts and we'll just have to wait a few weeks to see what happens. Hopefully though, they will still go double file in the heat races.
A good point was made as well about how dirty the track was. There wasn't much of an outside groove and that should be better as the weeks go on as well.

zeiner 4th to 1st
defebo 7th to 2nd
eddie 8th to 3rd
john m. 11th to 4th
rusty 10th to 5th