PDA

View Full Version : Just of few of my "Mental Notes"

Teds Race Tours
04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
There was a lot of cars going from the back to the front at Thompson. The Average starting spot for cars that finished in the top 10 was 16.3. That doesn't even begin to tell the story of how many came from back to front from pit stops or spins.

GREAT runs turned in by a few guys you wouldn't normally expect from.

Ron Yuhas was running in the top 3 late in the race, when he and Reggie got together on the back stretch. It was after a restart, and the Reg got a GREAT Run off of turn 2 to pull 3 wide with Yuhas and I believe Chuck Hossfeld off the corner. I thought Reggie had pulled it off, and then the 14 shot hard to the right. From what I saw, I don't know that anybody is to blame on this one. To me it just seemed like a racing accident. Its a shame because the 14 and 6 appeared locks for top 5's, and this knocked them down to 22nd and 23rd in the final tally.

Richard Savary was another suprise. He was running 2nd with 10 to go. I believe he got a flat prior to the last restart.

Ronnie Silk ran a great race, and came home with 3rd place.

Tony Ferrante probably should have won a race at Thompson over the years, as he usually runs good there. Tony had a nice 6th place finish on the day by staying away from most of the trouble on the track.

Carl Pasteryak was another feel good story as the long time Tour Runner finished 7th in the final tally.

Jonathan McKennedy came in 8th at the finish. I had heard on my scanner from somebody that he stay on the same rubber all day. Not 100 % sure if that was true, but he wasn't holding anybody up towards the end.

Bobby Grigas III came home 9th. Another that you wouldn't expect in the top 10, that benefitted from so many top runners having problems.

John Blewett III had a great run going. After pitting for tires, he was all the way up to 2nd when he had to park it due to overheating problems. I was hoping for a good finish by the 66 team, as they will probably not run all the races if they fall out of the points race.

Was it me, or did Nascar keep all the lapped cars at the rear of the field on all restarts. If thats gonna be the case this year, it should improve racing greatly.

Eddie Flemke Jr missed the 1st several laps on pit road working on the car.

11 of the last 12 regulation laps were run under caution. It sure would have been nice to see some green flag racing at the end of what was a pretty exciting race. Only Ronnie Silk and Jimmy Blewett's side by side finish for 3rd kept the Green White Checkered finish from being totally anticlimactic.

What a beautiful day for a race. Hopefully next Sunday is just as perfect.

ThE sHaDoW
04-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Jonathan McKennedy came in 8th at the finish. I had heard on my scanner from somebody that he stay on the same rubber all day. Not 100 % sure if that was true, but he wasn't holding anybody up towards the end.

that is correct, the only car I think that did that other than the 4 who had problems with something breaking.

Was it me, or did Nascar keep all the lapped cars at the rear of the field on all restarts. If thats gonna be the case this year, it should improve racing greatly.

New rule for 2007. All lapped cars drop to the rear on restarts. Add to that, cars that are pitting will not be allowed to drop down and pull up to the leader like in the past. You turn onto pit road when you get to pit road. Also, when a caution comes out, scoring will revert back to the last completed green flag lap. Much like your Saturday night tracks are doing. In the past the field was frozen at the time of caution, creating chaos of who was where. Now if there is a question, go the the scorer's score cards. New rules, we'll see how they work out.

Teds Race Tours
04-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I wanna go on record and say that I like them. I don't like the lucky dog, but as long as its in place, why have the lapped cars race with the lead lap cars. Race the cars a lap down, and get your lap back under caution. Makes for much better racing up front if you don't have a jam car.

hollywoodmic
04-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Ted thank you again for a great day yesterday, can't wait until the Sizzler. I must say my suprise of the day was Lia. In years past he'd always pit, yesterday he did not and he was no worse for the wear. I spoke to him after the race he said that the trailing arm bracket broke right off. I never heard of that hapenning, without being involved in a wreck. I don't know if he had enough to hold them off, but he said it happened on the re-start when he lost the lead. It would have been fun to watch. I thought Bobby Santos III was doing a great job until he broke, he was up to 4th and challenging for 3rd.

Take a look at the podium finishers, a lot of young blood. This should be yet another great year for the Tour. I was very sorry to see the fate of Tony Hirschman, I did not see how it happened, but it seems to be happening to often for a great driver like him. I know they'll rebound this coming week. Off to the Sizzler, and I can't wait. Thanks again Ted.

Steve Halpin

stefanikfan
04-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I gotta give it up for Ronnie Yuhas. He ran a great race, he was consistant all afternoon. I spoke with him briefly after the race, he was obviously disappointed but thanked me just the same. I've watched him progress as a driver at the 'Bowl over the years and I believe he's got a win coming this year.

Rob,
aka, Stefanikfan.:cheers:

Fkraft99
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
of course i just wanna thank hollywood for teaching me everything i know.....

about drinking and carrying on... lol see ya at stafford bud.

ThE sHaDoW
04-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Hollywood?

RGeeProductions
04-27-2007, 11:48 AM
hollywoodmic....

The Bullfather
04-27-2007, 12:14 PM
:lol: thoses halpins...........lol.

hollywoodmic
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Fred you didn't need me to teach you everthing you know about drinking and carrying on, that's just in your blood lines. I'll see you at Stafford, I'll be in the stands drinking and carrying on if you need me.

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Steve, you drink?:cheers:

The Bullfather
04-27-2007, 07:28 PM
BOO-YAH!!! lol slammed!