PDA

View Full Version : Frequently Asked Questions

Erin C
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone...just thought I would publicly post the answers to the most common questions I am getting in case anyone else was wondering but didn't ask yet. (There are only 2 that have been asked many times now)

Q: Has there been an increase in entering?
A: No. There has been no increase since last year, it is actually $5 cheaper in total. Still $50 registration fee, but the gate fee is now $25 and transponder rental is now $10.

Q: Will the pits be left opened?
A: YES!! The pits will be left opened :)

If there are any other questions feel free to ask!!

rcp_ny
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
I got the directions from Mapquest (which is what the track's site takes you to by the "Directions" link), but I thought it'd be good to confirm that from y'all who've been there. (Mainly I want to make sure it gave me directions to the actual track rather than some administrative address.)

So can anyone give me directions from 476 South? Thanks!

BlingxBling
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
I can...you will take 476S to the Mahoning Valley exit (174), pay the toll (if you are picking up 476 from I-80, then it will be $1.25) and you want to stay to the left towards Lehighton. You go around the bend and make a right at the intersection. You want to get into the left lane and go approximately 1 mile. This will bring you to a light. Stay straight go over the bridge and make a left at the light. You will go through 3 lights, passing gas stations, fast food joints. Once you pass the Wal-mart (which is on the right) and go through the third light you will go about 1 mile and Mahoning Valley Speedway will be on your right hand side.

badone07
04-24-2007, 12:34 AM
... Stay straight go over the bridge and make a left at the light...

Just to add...
That will be the intersection where 443 and 209 split. Caruso's restaurant is on opposite coorner. Stay left on 443.

Erin C
04-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks Amanda and John....I am not good with directions so if I answered everyone would have ended up in Dorney Park :) which probably wouldn't be so bad but I would rather go racing first, then ride some rollercoasters!!!

The Bullfather
04-24-2007, 04:43 PM
dorney park used to have a racetrack, might as well start a new one there, great spot.

rcp_ny
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Anyone know what the grandstand admission will be? I don't see that on the race info page.

I'm also curious (I know, the info is coming!) how the pre-registrations are looking... just roughly speaking per (car) race, are we talking 40 or 80 or 120 or ???

I'm just gathering info for potential spectators....

Erin C
04-25-2007, 12:26 PM
hehe...now you are making me work!! I will have to check and get back to you on all of that tomorrow morning. I will see dad tonight and I know he has all the emails from registrations, so I will be able to give you an estimate of what is there now and usually lots more registrations flow through on the last few days before the race.

I will also check on the admissions for you too. I will post my findings either tonight or tomorrow morning!

Erin C
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
General Admission into the grandstands is $8.

I don't have the car counts for you because emails have to be sorted out to figure this out and I caught dad on his way out so I couldn't get the figures.

I do know, however, that there are 12 other trucks besides myself registered, which is very good because
1. There are always a handful that don't preregister
2. There are always a handful that always preregister late
3. There are some new names!!
4. 99% of the preregistrations for the trux show up plus a few added ones who didn't register.

When I find anything else out I will let you know :)

rcp_ny
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Erin, thanks for the info. I see the race info page is starting to get the pre-reg lists going now, so that should do for me. See y'all Sunday!

richardpetey
04-26-2007, 09:28 PM
If you don't like my driving , should you stay off the sidewalks?.......................:help:
Is racing really cheaper than therapy?....................:disgusted
Do enduro cars stop only to prove the "laws of physics"?.....................:rolleyes:
Does the second mouse always get the cheese?...............................;)
Is "Bubba" always watching?............................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
If you don't like my driving , should you stay off the sidewalks?.......................:help:
Is racing really cheaper than therapy?....................:disgusted
Do enduro cars stop only to prove the "laws of physics"?.....................:rolleyes:
Does the second mouse always get the cheese?...............................;)
Is "Bubba" always watching?............................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Let's see if I can take this challenge....

If you don't like someone's driving you should still stay on the sidewalk because there is a one in a million chance that you will ever see them driving while walking, but when you see them run for shelter :p

Enduro racing is cheaper than therapy, don't know about the weekly racing though. At the same time, racing is a therapy all of its own so I guess it is the same too.

Sometimes I think enduro cars do defy the laws of physics!!

The second mouse may get some cheese, but not the whole thing, if he was there first he would have gotten more than he did being second.

And finally, "Bubba" is ALWAYS watching!!!

-How'd I do?? :)