PDA

View Full Version : The Big "T"...

Rbemben1
04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to thank those that made my day possible: The folks at L.I. Motorsports and those who called the play-by-play at Thompson (always nice to pick up the phone and hear the dulcette tones of Mike Fields)

It was a beautiful day, sunburns abounded everywhere. Nice to bump into Phreddy (and Betty - betcha you thought I'd forget....:) right away, Tbax, Russ and Howie (Lookin' really gnatty with that fresh haircut, Bud); and it wouldn't be Thompson if I didn't run into Jimmy (Dupont). Steve O....looked for you in turn 4 but didn't see anyone that even LOOKED like you - had the cane just in case. (Made it almost to the top before I ran out of gas.....:^P).

Saw the big green bus on the way out (and it looked like it had a full load, so I opted not to bother Ted....figured he had his hands full.) Hopefully we can get together for the "Sizzler" (Its only a week away...)

As far as the Reg is concerned (I think I scared the folks around me when he and Yuhas crashed on the back stretch, with 6 to go...I stomped my foot so hard) He had at least a top 5 run going for him - he was with the top 10 for the better part of the race. Who had the flat tire just before th G-W-Checker? (Just after the start/finish line...)THAT musta really sucked!!

Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr. - neither was much of a factor at all (except as sweeper for the field.) And Kuddo's to Carl Pasteryak and Tony Ferrante' on their finishes (Top 10 for the two of them.)

Rich

WMT10
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr.
What do you mean be this?

ModTourMan
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
It was good seeing you again too Rich. It was nice chatting with you along with Fred, Betty, TBax, Richie, Howie and Fran - quite a nice little gathering representing "The 'Horn" (no, not Langhorne - The Chrome Horn"!). That move Reggie made was probably the highlight of the race...too bad he couldn't make it stick. What a shame Yuhas had his great run end early during that fleeting moment of excitement. He ran near the front all day and had really earned a good finish. Lots of new season kinks showed up on Sunday - what a tough first week for a lot of good, established teams! On the flip side, of course, this opened the door for some other teams to get off to a surprisingly great start in the points race. This might come in handy when the Flash races come 'round.

Mike Fields
04-23-2007, 08:28 PM
dulcette???!!! (running for the bookshelf, looking for the Funk & Wagnells...

broz
04-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Dulcet
Pronunciation: 'd&l-s&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English doucet, from Anglo-French, from duz, douz sweet, from Latin dulcis; perhaps akin to Greek glykys sweet
1 : sweet to the taste
2 : pleasing to the ear <dulcet tones>
3 : generally pleasing or agreeable <a dulcet smile>

I'm sooo jealous, you all had way too much fun it sounds like :D

Hey Ted, any chance getting you to make a stop in Dallas for pick up on the way to one of these tour races?:cheers:

Teds Race Tours
04-24-2007, 02:37 AM
Sure, the price for that would be $9875. Probably cheaper to fly.:)

Rbemben1
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Steffy woulda done better back in the pits as would Eddie Flemke Jr.
What do you mean be this?

All:

I think I caught one comment on the radio to the effect that Mike Stefanik's tire "...rolled like an egg."

WMT10:

OBTW - I'm a big fan of Eddie Jr. - there's a lot of folks that consider him to be some sort of wrecking ball...like (awwww...never mind....)

Rich