PDA

View Full Version : Nice helmet

Sicklajoie
04-23-2007, 09:35 PM
http://scottnickel.smugmug.com/gallery/2747679#P-9-9

gomodsgo
04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I wonder why no one else has done that before now? :D

I really don't take offense or anything... but then again I have no kids to worry about them seeing it.

RGeeProductions
04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Good OR bad attention is attention. All this is. Just hope when pits are open a little kid doesn't see and ask mommy "what does that say".
Bet freddie will post next, LOL.....

jfp711
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM
This thread really reminds me why this is such a class act web site, on another web site it was pretty commical to read some of the post about Jimmy's helmut so much so that a warning had to be given pretty funny, i love the so called mod experts over there. Fran, Howie keep up THE GREAT WORK.

Jackie
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
It wasnt the comical posts that got the warning..It was the wishing the driver would get put on his roof and the after comments to the drivers spotter that got the warning... Maybe attention should be paid to the whole thread

Big Bob
04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I am the one that posted on the mod series scene site i never said anything about wanting any harm done to jimmy even though i do hate jimmy and im starting a fan club fans aginst showtime t shirts will be available soon like i said i never wish harm on anyone:

Jackie
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Here is your post

" nice picture of that helmet would be on jimmy while he is on his roof sliding down the fron strech at stafford maybe we will get luckey and see it happen this weekend "

Wishing someone ends up on their roof sliding down the front stretch is not wishing a driver harm?????

Sicklajoie
04-26-2007, 12:41 PM
It wasnt the comical posts that got the warning..It was the wishing the driver would get put on his roof and the after comments to the drivers spotter that got the warning... Maybe attention should be paid to the whole thread
Kind of hard to do since it was deleted.

bucket67
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Right on Sicklajoie.This site is a whole lot better because the folks who run it don't show favortism towards the posters which the other does.Over there if they don't agree with you that's it.

CynthiaTork
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I too am surprised it took so long for that paint scheme.

I find the helmet amusing. But I never pretended my humor was politically correct, and I assure you, I never will.

Precision Auto
04-26-2007, 01:21 PM
This edit must be at least ten letters long. I think I've met the criteria..

Linda
04-26-2007, 01:52 PM
My opinion is you shouldn't be wishing someone going down the front stretch on their roof for a few reasons..

1. He may get seriously hurt
2. May cause a huge wreck and maybe YOUR driver will get involved

I really dislike a popular driver, but I really, really do not wish this guy harm or would I like to see him on his "roof sliding down the front stretch". Maybe having that written on his helmut is not cool for some people...but to create a "fans against Jimmy" fan club is bizzare!! Why not make good use of your money and energy in a postitive way. As far as the post on the "other website", I was watching the post (almost posted but decided not to fuel the fire), it was getting ridiculous with "Bobby" saying he was going to flip off Freddie in the spotters stand while drinking his beer...or something like that, can't remember the exact words. Now that is first class with all the kids in the stand...and your worried about what is written on a helmut!!! I know Jackie does the best she can with her busy schedule and can't be on 24/7 to babysit and I think taking that post down was warranted. If you don't like Jimmy..that's cool...but "Bobby" was very antagnistic and was trying to get fight going, that is not cool, THAT'S why it was taken off, not because Jackie is a fan of Jimmy's. BTW...I like this site too!!

Jackie
04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm just curious.. Why was it okay when Howie was moderating MSS that things get removed, taken down , etc but now that he is gone its not okay? I'm just really confused because I am not doing things any differently then Howie did when he was a moderator. ONly thing different is I dont get on every night to monitor the board.....

Precision Auto
04-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm just curious.. Why was it okay when Howie was moderating MSS that things get removed, taken down , etc but now that he is gone its not okay? I'm just really confused because I am not doing things any differently then Howie did when he was a moderator. ONly thing different is I dont get on every night to monitor the board.....

Since you're asking a question with regards to moderating the MSS site, why don't you ask it over there?

Howie
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Jackie - I don't think any of what was mentioned was directed at you personnally, I have a pretty good handle of what was going on on the "other web-site". I don't blame you for the atmosphere there and I don't think people are blaming you. On The Chrome Horn other than one kinda good natured jab about security and one mention of a thread naming the "other site" it appears calm (so far, IMO). No one is being nasty and no one has picked you out is a culprit. You of all people know I try to be fair, as I know you do too. Moderating is NOT an easy thing.

That being said, (addressing everyone), how about we keep it calm here. There really isn't any need to say derogatory stuff about anyone or any website is there?

Freedom of Speech does not mean you can say what ever you want, where ever you want. Step over the line and it will be gone. I hate deleting posts and hope I don't have to. As Lou would have said "Calm down kids".:cheers:

I don't want to have to use his "Poof, Bye Bye" line. :wave:

Thanks for your cooperation.

The Bullfather
04-26-2007, 03:15 PM
keep the fighting over there and not here, thank you.

Tooner
04-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I think everyone is just itchy now that the new season has started. Most of this Cr*p will be forgotten about by July. And new subjects will be discussed.

And Howie, I thought it was "Poof, you're gone!"

heheh

God Bless Lou.

Tooner

Howie
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Tooner,

Seems like I remember both versions. I think it depended on how bad the post was and if just the post was gone or if the poster was gone.

holleratme
04-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Jackie - I don't think any of what was mentioned was directed at you personnally, I have a pretty good handle of what was going on on the "other web-site". I don't blame you for the atmosphere there and I don't think people are blaming you. On The Chrome Horn other than one kinda good natured jab about security and one mention of a thread naming the "other site" it appears calm (so far, IMO). No one is being nasty and no one has picked you out is a culprit. You of all people know I try to be fair, as I know you do too. Moderating is NOT an easy thing.

That being said, (addressing everyone), how about we keep it calm here. There really isn't any need to say derogatory stuff about anyone or any website is there?

Freedom of Speech does not mean you can say what ever you want, where ever you want. Step over the line and it will be gone. I hate deleting posts and hope I don't have to. As Lou would have said "Calm down kids".:cheers:

I don't want to have to use his "Poof, Bye Bye" line. :wave:

Thanks for your cooperation.
Well Howie I am upset WITH YOU. I wanted that punch the chicken avitar and you got it first. The H--L with these cups on the ears I want to punch the chicken BAD

Fkraft99
04-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Howie a favor please to keep this post open because i know what Jimmy's Helmet says this week... and i wanna make sure it gets the same attention as the one he had last week...

thanks

FK- spotter for the 12

WillyKJr
04-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Howie a favor please to keep this post open because i know what Jimmy's Helmet says this week... and i wanna make sure it gets the same attention as the one he had last week...

thanks

FK- spotter for the 12

I know what it's gonna say too...2007 Spring Sizzler winner :wave:

I've been scolded by all the moderators (starting with Lou at Stafford back when he was just getting that gig going and I showed up with a Jimmy Spencer t-shirt) and I probably deserved most of those scoldings. These boards are always open for interpretation and misunderstandings and emotional reactions. Nature of the beast. Any board isn't any one persons, it belongs to all of us to enjoy or have shut down. Our call, by how we treat it. We all share a common love for Modifieds but certainly have different personal beliefs and ideals and I don't hate on somebody just because they took my post for something offensive enough to "POOF".

Tell it like it is and enjoy what we have.

Stafford awaits.

Tooner
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I know what it's gonna say too...2007 Spring Sizzler winner :wave:

I've been scolded by all the moderators (starting with Lou at Stafford back when he was just getting that gig going and I showed up with a Jimmy Spencer t-shirt) and I probably deserved most of those scoldings. These boards are always open for interpretation and misunderstandings and emotional reactions. Nature of the beast. Any board isn't any one persons, it belongs to all of us to enjoy or have shut down. Our call, by how we treat it. We all share a common love for Modifieds but certainly have different personal beliefs and ideals and I don't hate on somebody just because they took my post for something offensive enough to "POOF".

Tell it like it is and enjoy what we have.

Stafford awaits.

I'm sorry Willy K. Jr., but I have to disagree with you on one point.

This board is "AVAILABLE" for all of us, and does not belong to us, it belongs to the people that have given us thechromehorn.com as another great mod site.

I could go on and on about the free speech thing, but my basic point is it's not your site, you do not own it or are responsible for it's content being online or have to listen to anyone if the "Kids", as Lou liked to call us, get out of hand.

I'll give you an example, I used to maintain jamietomaino.com for Jamie, and someone put derogatory and threatening comments about a certain girl at Wall's track on the message board we had, the next thing I knew, the local police were monitoring the message board and contacted me, since I was responsible for the site.

I didn't need that, so the site died. My point being it has not got out of hand on many boards yet, but you still do not have the rights you think you do on another's property.

Hope I explained that as civally as possible, and you take no offense, I'm not against you, just wanted you to be aware of where things could go.

Tooner

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
"Poof, Bye Bye", was the way I fondly remember it.:)

And yes MC, I have Great memories of JT.Com as well. You helped start this whole thing, and maybe alot of the young kids don't remember, but thank for your part in building up the world of on line modified websites.

ThE sHaDoW
04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I fondly remember it too. It's how I got involved on the other side of the fence so to speak.

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Howie.
Thats my old MSS Avatar, when I used to be allowed to have one over there. Thats my fav picture of Lou. He looks so happy in that shot.

Rbemben1
04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Sometime back in the late 90's while he was still "p4designs" he was also "chromehorn@(*******).com - that lasted about as long as he had the ol' Lou patience. He up and left (rather abruptly)...so did I; I guess I had a little more fortitude than he did but the commentary got kinda lame.(think even Claf was there, before he shutdown BGNN.com) This kinda "stuff" goes on all over the place. I wouldn't blame Howie, Jackie, Claf, Lou or anyone else; as long as there's a forum upon which to speak your mind, people will barf forth.

I like Howie's Avatar too; Its the Lou I remember.......[8^)

Rich

Tooner
04-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah Shadow, and look at all the trouble I've gotten you in since then, hahahah

Hope to see you guys at Wall's race

Tooner

WillyKJr
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry Willy K. Jr., but I have to disagree with you on one point.

This board is "AVAILABLE" for all of us, and does not belong to us, it belongs to the people that have given us thechromehorn.com as another great mod site.

ITooner

Nope. That would be the idealist view of it but "ownership" and owning the responsibility are two different things. If nobody visits does it really exist (?). We own the responsibility for how the owner/moderators conduct the forums. I don't think there is a prize for who owns the most websites but there certainly is a reward for having a good one where good folks want to congregate. They share and build good relationships. That IS on us. Not the owner/moderators. A good place to be is a good place to be and that has more to do with who is hanging around and less to do with who's doing the scolding. Sometimes you get a situation like the other site but if we didn't have a good forum (the people) to come to we would still be there. This forum is good because of the people on it and not the person who "owns" it (that also happens to be a good person).

There are quite a few racing sites/forums "owned" by nice people that are absolutely horrible places to be. Deleting, scolding, revoking rights doesn't seem to fix it. The community is just a bunch of disrespectful, mean people and have set a tone that the owners/moderators can't overcome.

RGeeProductions
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Very well written, JMO.
I thank you for your feelings here and do appreciate all of it.

jfp711
04-30-2007, 11:27 AM
AMEN !!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB, this is truley a modified fans home for all the news and great insight from behind the scene......................