PDA

View Full Version : Motorsports Rally May 6 10 AM

art11758
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
For anyone who is interested in motorsports and a facility to enjoy them, here is a opportunity to be heard. If you want a facility come to the rally that is planned for May 6th. The way to have our COLLECTIVE voices heard is to exercise our rights granted by our Constitution and come together in great numbers. We CAN have the power to influence, but we need EVERYONE to join us on May 6th. There IS power in numbers.
This will be the biggest Rally and you don't want to miss it. The date is Sunday, May 6th 10 AM - Noon. The location is Yaphank Ave. (county 21) and Suffolk Ave. in Yaphank. Park on either side of the road and be seen. (and heard) Don't count on someone else to do it.
Be sure to continue to visit www.topgunse.com/forum for discussion and lastest news.

Rich Mergl
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Were is Suffolk Ave? Live in Yaphank no clue were this street is. Has to be the entrance to Police Headquarters or the Fire Training Grounds?

unowho243
04-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Exit 67 south off expressway about a mile down on right hand side...... Should be easy to find since there's going to be many cars on hand....

racerwife
04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Found Suffolk Ave. on a newer Hagstrom map.. if the map is correct...

LIE exit 67 south past Police Headquarters, past Glover Dr., next right should be Suffolk Ave. ( I think this is the entrance road to go to County Jail, Fire Training Center, and Suffolk County Nursing Home)
You're right there should be enough cars around to figure out where you are going. Just be aware that the fire training center is open and actively training on this day... watch for posted signs regarding parking allowed or not. This is one place where there is a lot of police presence and we don't want to break the rules and get a bad reputation as "those racing people".
Hopefully, there will be a great turnout... I certainly hope to get there myself!

The Bullfather
04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Jim, Half a mile if that, a mile will put on Horseblock almost. lol. But you'd pass it anyway. It's a big open spot and easy to see!

allhailunc
04-26-2007, 03:51 AM
hey look at it this way you won't have far to go:lol: .good luck on the rally:applause:

art11758
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
It's a matter of being heard. Some of the posters here have been involved for a while and know how the process goes. It is going to be a long time to get what we want (and need) and this is the first step. The County Executive has changed his "vision" and needs to know what the people (that's us) think. As a taxpayer in not only Suffolk, but Brookhaven town as well, I find his vision blurry. So I'm doing what I can to get the word out. I copied the flyer from the Top Gun message board, went to Kinko's made 100 of them and I'm passing them out at repair shops, auto parts stores, any place that "motorsports enthusiasts" might gather and see them. You can too. I know the date is a busy day. (enduro show at Riverhead, Tour show at Wall) I'm going to the rally first, then hop on the LIE to Wall.
Racerwife made a good point too. We need to behave. For some it seems to be simple. For others they need to be reminded that any activities that draw negative attention aren't a good idea. Hope to see you all there.

The Bullfather
04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
no burnouts??? lol yeah I know the behavior, I'm a hot rodder at heart and seen it too many times. Some jerk decides to act cool (hard to resist) and does something stupid and hits a phonepole or what ever, it's stupid. And many cruise nights get shut down from them, we're just trying to chill and have a nice time and relax and enjoy each other. Let's do it.