PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart's Commentary

Jones44
04-27-2007, 05:49 AM
What do you all think of what Tony had to say, comparing NASCAR to professional wrestling? I find it funny how the television announcers will say "if we can see the debris, we'll show it to you". NASCAR knows the suspicion is out there, and they certainly have the ability to be in touch with the people broadcasting the race. Why doesn't NASCAR tell the broadcast partners where the debris is, so that the people watching can see? I can't speak for everyone, but every time one of these "phantom debris" cautions come out, I wonder..... two thumbs up to Tony for having the cojones to say what many fans have been thinking!

The Bullfather
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
EVERYONE knows about fake cautions. It's getting crazy this year and people are feed up. Many fans and personalities are tired of seeing races get thrown out because of a fake caution. How many races has someone dominated late in the race and get passed because of stupid caution that has allowed another racer to turn the wrench or change tire pressure? Nascar tries to make the finishes exciting for TV exposure. If you want photo finishes and close racing watch IRL, thoses summabit..... are CRAZY!!!

Teds Race Tours
04-27-2007, 12:34 PM
There has always been cautions for debris. Heck, Nascar even came up with the Chase for the Championship as a way to throw a caution on the entire season and make the points race tighter. Always has been that way, always will be. I'm happy Tony said something, but it won't change a thing. Close races, both individual and points, keep people coming back and purchasing tickets.

debbie33
04-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Since I am a big Tony Stewart fan I am proud to say that finally someone has had the guts to say what they feel about *******. They run a dictatorship and its getting old. He was fined $10,000 for not going to the trailer to talk to ******* after the race and then for speaking his mind on his radio station. God I thought we had a right to speaking our mind. I think if he said what was on his mind to ******* right after the race his fine would have been alot more than $10,000. Once again the bad boy of racing is in trouble with big brother for saying how he feels about them.:applause:

Wheel Racing
04-27-2007, 11:53 PM
As big Stewart fan myself,I love the fact that he says what he feels.Who knows,if maybe 1 phantom caution gets eliminated,then maybe it was worth it.How much would the fine have been if, let's say Junior or Jimmie Johnson said it?? HMMMM?

The Bullfather
04-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Neal, I think Junior would have had the same thing happen to him as Tony. Now I wonder if Hendrick Motorsports has any stocks in ISC. lol

W. J.
04-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Apparently, freedom of speech exists in NASCAR only if the driver isn't talking about NASCAR in a negative way. Nice that Tony decided to speak up and tell the truth, even if it does cost him 'pocket change', LOL!

44Magnum
04-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Add to Tony Stewart's NASCAR comments (good for him!) the VER-R-R-Y negative comments he made about McDonald's last week, and all in all, Tony had quite a week.

I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing the Golden Arches on any JGR car at least until Hell freezes over.:lol:

allhailunc
04-29-2007, 03:01 AM
Freedom of Speech in Nascar-now i personally find that hysterical:lol: just a shame that when someone does have the cajones to say something "Big Brother" clamps down on them:rolleyes:

Wheel Racing
04-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Add to Tony Stewart's NASCAR comments (good for him!) the VER-R-R-Y negative comments he made about McDonald's last week, and all in all, Tony had quite a week.

I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing the Golden Arches on any JGR car at least until Hell freezes over.:lol:

What was the Mcdonalds comment?