PDA

View Full Version : WMT Stafford Race #2 Report

RGeeProductions
04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
From JA @ Stafford....

Winner, #4 Donny Lia!!!!
2. 2 Todd Szegedy
3. 00 Jerry Marquis
4. 16 Mike Stefanik, nice run from provisional!!!
5. 77 Zach Sylvester

Full story will be on TCH when I receive it.

Tooner
04-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Congrats to Donny Lia, and Jamie Tomaino, I knew he was due for a top 10 finish! Look out next week at Wall, he'll be pumped up!

Tooner

Teds Race Tours
04-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Greetings from the Big Green Bus.Great Race at the end between Lia and Szegedy. On a restart with 5 to go, Szegedy got under Lia going into turn 2. Lia got him back low going into turn 3 a few laps later. 2 Lead changes in last 5 laps. Great day!!!!

RGeeProductions
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Full story and results on TCH front page.

The Bullfather
04-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Imagine The Jet winning at The Wall again.

Tooner
04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Jamie Tomaino has 28 wins at Wall Stadium/WallTownship Speedway, not including when he ran sportsman in the 70's, so I wouldn't bet against him :)

uticamike
04-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Super day SMS. Thanks for the candle Gino. Got a EF book. Met Pete Hamilton
AND Rene Charland. What a card. Like Cup the middle 100 laps were a FTL
affair but at least the 11 cautions kept the field fairly tight. TC in my opin
waited too long to pit and then drove like a madman but had his hands full
Kevin Goodale soooooo......he does what he does AND takes himself out.
Man he was some kind of fast but he just aint smooth. No ring this year either
me thinks. What was Matty's issue with Ted down in 1? I musta missed it.
Didn't the Hillbilly 79 look like it got stepped on by Big Foot? That was one strange crash. Nice to see Rick Fuller in the Bearmobile, too bad he wadded
as he might have been there at the end. Best of all was Todd and Donny racin
like God had intended, hard and clean.Proving it can be done. Good stuff. Best joke of the day was told by Walt who was handing out flyers for the Baldwin Memorial at Bellport on Jimmy Blewitts car. When I relayed that I don't golf but my wife does and is a Mikey fan, I asked if he was attending this year. Walts retort; "He should ,its the one event he could qualify for this year". I laughed my A$$ off. The SK race was also entertaining(sorry MadDawg). I love SMS

Teds Race Tours
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Matt vs TC.

I could be totally wrong, but TC's right front was completely messed up. He may not have had 100 % control of his car and veered in front of Matt. Matt wasn't involved in the 58/36 incident, and unless I missed an issue with the 59+36 before this, I believe it was justed an accident that took place under caution. Thats what I saw, as The 58/36 contact was directly in front of me, but as I stated above, I could be totally wrong.

ModTourMan
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Nice day at the races! Great finish. No rain, but I was a little surprised the sun never came out the entire time i was at Stafford - it was peeking in and out both on the way up from central Jersey and again the way home. It was a nice treat for me to bring my youngest daughter Michelle along with me on Sunday. It was her second Stafford Tour race but her first Pit Party experience. I have always loved the Pit Parties but I really appreciated it more watching through the eyes of my daughter. Kudos to Stafford for keeping these events going - nobody seems to be tiring of them yet! It was nice to see the v4 in victory lane. Nice run by Jamie Tomaino in grabbing a top ten.
Great lead lap finish for Wade Cole and the #33 team as well.
Seeing the #79 team keep Hossfeld running well was impressive. No rear spoiler in the turns and no spoiler drag on the straights turns out to be a not so bad set up for Stafford I guess! Initially, I gotta think they were just hoping to get some points. But it turned out pretty well for them. They picked up a nice point tally.
Well, I'm off from work today so I'll kick back and read the Steady Eddie book and raid my daughters Pit Party candy bag of her Starbursts and Smarties (sorry Howie).

ModTourMan
04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Matt vs TC.

I could be totally wrong, but TC's right front was completely messed up. He may not have had 100 % control of his car and veered in front of Matt. Matt wasn't involved in the 58/36 incident, and unless I missed an issue 59+36 before this, I believe it was justed an accident that took place under caution. Thats what I saw, as The 50/36 contact was directly in front of me, but as I stated above, I could be totally wrong.

I agree. From my vantage point looking toward the first turn I thought TC had an unstable car and and Matt H. tried to sneak by just as the #36 veered off line ever so slightly.

WillyKJr
04-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Imagine The Jet winning at The Wall again.

Woohoo!!! THAT would be something. I'm with Tooner on this one. Don't bet against him. He can put together good runs and if it happens at a place he has some history of winning...Wall could be that place.

ThE sHaDoW
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Woohoo!!! THAT would be something. I'm with Tooner on this one. Don't bet against him. He can put together good runs and if it happens at a place he has some history of winning...Wall could be that place.

The party may not end until sometime on Wednesday.:applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers:

Teds Race Tours
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
If Jamie wins, you will have the entire crowd going onto the race track for picture. I'd love to see that happen. If Jamie gets an up front starting position, I would not bet against it.

ThE sHaDoW
05-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Found this today on MSN.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18390810/

Kinda cool they posted results for our race seeing how National they are.