PDA

View Full Version : Wall Race Next Week

Axel
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Is it me, or does the Wall flash race have an "olden days" feel to it? We have heats, we have a 50 lap feature (is it green flag 50 laps?), we have locals vs. the invaders. I wonder if any of the RoC guys who are relatively local (Pete Brittain, John Markovic, Zane Zeiner etc) will be there?

Should be a fun race filled with some intrigue. I am interested to see how the flash format works or if it'll be a "flash" in the pan. Come hell of fried oreos I'll see you guys next Sunday!

ModTourMan
04-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Looking forward to seeing you at Wall Alex. I'm sure we will have a group 'meet and greet' but If I miss you I will be sitting at the end of the front stretch near or at the top row. I don't get to Wall much anymore but that spot is/was home for me since I first went to Wall way back when. I am really curious to see how the Flash race plays out. I hope there is a good turnout. It's all about the two qualifiers. Luck of the draw + a tough place to pass can help put some surprise names in the final 50 lapper. You're gonna hear the word "provisional" mentioned a lot on Sunday I think!

Tooner
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Axel,

I'm pretty sure the heats and feature will be all green flag laps. heard there was quite a bit of discussion about the tire rule at Staffords drivers meetings. Some are worried about any driver locked in with a provisional running a few laps in a heat and then pulling out, and saving their tires for the feature.

I hope to send out the entry list as soon as I get the latest cars entered added to what the track already has put together, but you can expect 40-50 cars for the WMT race.

ThE sHaDoW
04-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sure we will have a group 'meet and greet'

The grill will be making it's 2007 debut.

Teds Race Tours
04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
The grill will be making it's 2007 debut.

I'll take mine with Cheese Please!!!!

KyleMac45
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY THERE... I WILL EB FLAGGING BEHIND THE STARTERS STAND... (INCASE YOU ALREADY DIDN'T KNOW THAT)!!!

TALK TO EVERYBODY THERE...
KTLE McGOWAN- WALL SPEEDWAY JR. FLAGGER-TROPHY BOY

Teds Race Tours
04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Kyle.

Are you the Jr Flagger closest to Turn 4, Turn 1 or the S/F line.

KyleMac45
04-30-2007, 08:57 PM
RIGHT @ THE S/F LINE I WILL BE WHEREING A JBIII SHIRT OR SHOWTIME SHIRT...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE

KYLE McGOWAN- WALL SPEEDWAY JR. FLAGGER- TROPHY BOY

Chris
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
See yo all Sunday, can't wait!!!!

Axel
05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
where we all gonna meet SUN and when?

ModTourMan
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
where we all gonna meet SUN and when?

How 'bout 11 am just outside enclosed section on the midway (or just inside the enclosed section if it's raining!). I'm thinking that should be about the time the Mods are done with practice. We can chat without screaming at each other. Plus, you can get a good wiff of those fried Oreos you've been craving so bad (key word BAD!)from that location!

KyleMac45
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
WHICH SIDE WE GONING TO MEET ON... THE FRIED OREO'S SIDE OR THE OTHER SIDE... CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE THERE (JUST LOOK FOR A SHORT KID 14 YEARS OLD (THATS ME)... EITHER WEARING A JHON BLEWETT SHIRT OR A JIMMY BLEWETT SHIRT)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERONE SUNDAY...

KYLE McGOWAN WALL SPEEDWAY JR. FLAGGER- TROPHY BOY

Howie
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
At the Derby we met on the 1st turn side, almost opposite the fried dough booth. Is that the fried oreos booth too? How'll that work? Guess 11:00 works. We'll try to be there. :wave:

Tooner
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Just another suggestion, and I won't be able to attend unfortunately, but what about by the Garden State Vintage Car Club Trailer towards the 4th turn, you could all go in and check out some great history in there.

Just a thought.

Have a great time either way!

Tooner

Howie
05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I thought about the Vintage trailer too, but isn't it still in the first turn? Somewhere in the 4th turn area would work better for people coming from the pits.

Tooner
05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
You are correct Howie, it's near the first turn, but still worth visiting either way. My bad, hard to see from NC.

Lack of sleep does that to you :)

Tooner

Chris
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
turn one near the Oreo stand, sounds good to me. You know they have fried Twinkies too, just have the medics standing bye.:wave:

RGeeProductions
05-02-2007, 08:33 PM
They got fried yodels??? That I may try, LOL.....

Axel
05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Some tracks have a tunnel turn. So Wall has the fired oreo front stretch.

See you guys on the fried oreos side of the building on SUN.