PDA

View Full Version : Go kart Friday nights

turn1cowboy
04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Just wondering if anybody has heard anything more about it? I heard there is a race this Friday night??

Hollywood
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
MAY 4 FRIDAY RACE 1
MAY 11 FRIDAY RACE 2
MAY 18 FRIDAY RACE 3
JUNE 1 FRIDAY RACE 4
JUNE 8 FRIDAY RACE 5
JULY 13 FRIDAY RACE 6
JULY 27 FRIDAY RACE 7
AUGUST 10 FRIDAY RACE 8
AUGUST 17 FRIDAY RACE 9
SEPTEMBER 7 FRIDAY RACE 10
SEPTEMBER 21 FRIDAY RACE 11
SEPTEMBER 28 FRIDAY RACE 12
From the EKRA site

Mack
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
:mad: I talked to Bill Denniston and Dave Brigati today. There was no decision made as of this afternoon about running go-karts at Riverhead Raceway Friday nights. They will be talking about what to do, in the next day or so. My understanding is that, if there isn't a good enough turn out, they won't run Friday nights. So if this is important to you, wake-up and smell the coffee before it's too late. Racing will be on the flat track only, if they run at all. :mad:

turn1cowboy
05-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Come guys, let's all show up this Friday to race, short track racing is the best. It will be just like the old Medford track, close and exciting racing, and not just a 2 kart race. I'm down to race, hopefully I'll see you all on Friday May 4th.

TMAC
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
what time for friday?

turn1cowboy
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I think like 6-6:30 PM

attituderacing
05-03-2007, 11:14 AM
There will be no race this Friday May 4. There will be an up coming meeting to discuss the use of the short track within the next two weeks. Will post a date and time when I get that information
Linda

turn1cowboy
05-03-2007, 11:35 AM
boooooo. we wanna race Friday night come on guys. I went out and bought 2 go-karts to race this new short track, and now we're not gonna race it, then why even post a schedule? Get everybody hyped up to race and then no race.

attituderacing
05-03-2007, 01:31 PM
WELL then you need to attend the up coming meeting and drum up support to race the small track, because no one seems to be interested!!!

turn1cowboy
05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Tell me when and where and we'll be there.

DODGE99
05-03-2007, 04:24 PM
No one's interested??? I've been on that track from the beginning and love it, the people who don't want anything to do with it HAVE YET TO TRY IT. I overheard some people talking in the pits at the last go kart race about the short track, saying they hate it, and we should just throw some cones in a parking lot and race around them. I looked to see who it was and it was someone who hadn't even been on the track yet! If you people that don't like the big track want to just ride around wide open all day long (which takes not much talent), stick to the big track. But if you actually want to RACE a go kart, show up on Friday nights to race with the real drivers. You'll see the Medford come out in all of us who used to race there, and it will show. This short track will definitely bring some drivers back outta the woods. Johnny T already bought a go kart for the short track, AND HASN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET! So show up at this upcoming meeting, and RACE the short track!

Mack
05-03-2007, 09:28 PM
:applause: Kevin you hit it right on the head. If you haven't tried it, dont knock it. Kevin ran about 200 laps on the flat track, before anyone else did. He had nothing but great things to say about it. Yes, it has a few bump's in the turn, but so did Medford Raceway. That's what make's it interesting. Any Go-Kart track you go to, there's bumps and grooves you have to deal with. So learn the track and stop making such a big deal out of nothing. Running the flat track will make you a better racer. That I'm sure of. :applause:

turn1cowboy
05-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanxs Kev. Flat out big track racing not as fun as short track racing. People that never raced Medford I guess wouldn't understand or know how actually fun it really can be. So tell me when the meeting is, and I'll be there. See you guys Saturday up in Turn 1.

Turbo
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I might be making a special guest appearance racing someones kart in the near future. I'd rather run the shorter track! lol Shorter it is, the more skills it takes.

attituderacing
05-04-2007, 05:07 AM
The meeting is Monday May 14 at 6:30, at Riverhead Raceway. Those who attend will receive 100 BONUS points.

turn1cowboy
05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll be on vacation. I will have someone attend in my position.

Scotty Wolf
05-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I really liked the short track, maybe because I won the race lol.

Bullet09
05-04-2007, 03:07 PM
The small track's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I didn't think that I would like the small track, but after I tried it, I thought it was fun. More people need to try the small track before they jump to conclusions.