PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a WMT rulebook??

Sicklajoie
04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Could you clarify what this rule is??
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Rule 20.1.1 - Rear Spoilers.
Woody Pitkat got DQ'ed after Sunday's Stafford SK race because of this rule.
Just wondering what it states.
Thanks.

ThE sHaDoW
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks.

I'll look it up when I get home, if someone else doesnt beat me to it.

Tooner
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
This is off the top of my head, but it used to be 8" tall by 48" wide (measured from top of back tailight panel) no thinner then 1/8 inch lexan or plexiglass, and mounted no higher then a certain height ( I forget the min and max hieghts they had) at static height. Which basically meant if you stood it straight up and down it would not be higher then the roof. They also had a rule for how far back it was mounted from the center of the rear axle.

Don't know if that helps much, maybe when Shadow get his rule book he can shed more light on it.

Kevin
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Brace behind center of spoiler. Horizontal angle behind spoiler mounted too high (at top edge of spoiler)
http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=17305

Tooner
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, thank you Kevin, I forgot about that, I think it has to be 1 inch below top of spoiler by the rulebook, correct?

ThE sHaDoW
04-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks.

Since the tour rule book does not have that specific section, I'll guess it's from the weekly series rule book.

However, from the mod tour 2007 book, section 20d-3.1.1, rear spoilers:

a. all spoilers must be approved by NASCAR officials. an approved spoiler must be a non-adjustable part of the body which controls the flow of air over one surface only. Spoilers sizes will be reviewed as testing and/or race competition dictate, and adjustments may be made during testing, official practice, or prior to events such as time trials and/or qualifying races, etc.

b. all rear spoilers and spoiler mounting points must be acceptable to NASCAR officials. a solid rear spoiler of minimum 1/4" thick clear polycarbonate only must be installed at the rear deck lid and meet the requirements that follow:

c. the only rear spoiler size permitted will be 8" high by 48" wide, measured at the mounting point on top of the rear panel. the rear spoiler must be installed in the center at the rear of the quarter panels where the rear panel meets the interior sheet metal. during the race, the rear spoiler must not extend past the rear edge of the rear bumper. decals or logos will not be permitted on the rear spoiler.

d. a maximum of two 1" wide adjustable supports will be permitted on the front of the spoiler.

e. a maximum of 3 supports may be attached to the rear of the spoiler. the supports, front or rear, may be attached to the spoiler using a piece of 1" by 1" aluminum angle 1" long mounted 1" down from the top of the spoiler.

f. a maximum of 35", measured from the ground to the spoiler mounting point, will be permitted.

Sicklajoie
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

Kevin
05-01-2007, 09:50 AM
(Stafford Springs, CT)---NASCAR Officials have clarified the disqualification from the April 29, 2007 SK Modified® feature event at Stafford Motor Speedway involving Woody Pitkat and the #52 SK Modified® team.

The #52 SK Modified® team was found to have been in violation of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Rule 20.1.1 - Rear Spoilers in post-race inspection. However, NASCAR Officials were unable to determine if there was a significant performance advantage gained by the infraction. In accordance with rule 13-1 of the 2007 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Rulebook, the #52 SK Modified® team will be penalized as follows for the rule infraction:

The #52 will penalized to the 20th position in the official SK Modified® feature finish order and will be handicapped outside the top-18 for the Friday, May 4, 2007 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series feature event at Stafford Motor Speedway.

SK BOB
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
in the sk's they never really had a hard & fast rule for rear spoilers & they never really enforced it unless the spoiler was too stupid.
35" from ground to top of spoiler.
8" high x 48" wide.