PDA

View Full Version : No Results or Pics Again!!!

asphaltrocks
05-02-2007, 01:03 AM
It's Wed. morning and the tracks website still isn't updated yet. As someone who doesn't like to go to forums to get the info, I guess that is what I'll have to do this year. It makes it so much easier to go to the tracks website not only for the pics and results but for upcoming events. At least the home page should be updated as soon as possible with next weeks events highlighted.

Geno
05-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Actually, I noticed that the site was updated Tuesday. Give Ginger some credit- Sunday races are tough enough as it is.

461_SS
05-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah it sucks to wait, but you can not expect the site to be updated as racing is over. People have jobs during the week, so it is tough to get other things done. I give her credit for doing this in her spare time. If I may suggest something with the pictures though it would be to have sub categories when you click on the date for pictures. Makes loading times a bit quicker . I'm fine with it as long as someone is running the website.

BlingxBling
05-02-2007, 10:49 AM
There will always be a slight lag when handling a website...unless your name is Richie Grodski or JA Ackley...quite frankly I know we put the results up almost immediately on the forum. Lord knows I have called Eric while on the turnpike giving top 10 results. Come to the forum see who finished where and get the story later on in the week. If that isn't sufficient while Ginger is getting used to things, then make it a point to be at the track each weekend...sheesh! Ginger if I have any advice...RUNNNNNNNN! j/k keep up the good work...in due time, it will come easily....or at least that is what they keep telling me.

The Frog Lady
05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey everyone!
The points were posted yesterday, stories went up yesterday and the pictures are up now. I did sort through them, did not put as many up, and tagged them all as requested. This takes time considering I am given over a hundred pictures to sort through and pick from.

Thank you very much to those of you who spoke up for me. :) I appreciate the understanding and for standing up for me. One more week of Sunday racing and this will all be resolved. For those of you who just chose to complain - well I can't please everyone and will not try to either. ;) I can do only do so much in a day with a full time job besides what I do for the track.

And by the way - I took today off to try and get things up to date.

~Ginger

W. J.
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
First, everyone should know that this site and those affiliated with it operate independently of the tracks we cover. All of our work is done by VOLUNTEERS, working on their own time.

Generally, we get the results posted faster than most tracks do, either by working from the track's press release, which goes out before they update their sites; rushing home and posting it ourselves, or by phoning in the results to someone who posts them immediately.

When it comes to pictures, they come in bunches, and it is not always practical to sort them by division or to caption them. We do the best we can to provide up-to-date racing info, and we know the majority of our visitors and members appreciate that.

If you can do better than that, contact us, we may have a job for YOU!

Good job, Ginger.

knight0217
05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Good Points, I'll add some more.

The key to keeping a website up to date quickly is ease of use. You should not need to be a programmer/web designer to update a page/add pictures.

The key to keeping visitors coming back to websites is keeping the content fresh.

Over at our website, our aim is to keep the content fresh (video, pictures, commentary) but most importantly make the updating peice SUPER EASY - just as easy as writing this post.

A great website for Mountain Speedway or any other speedway can attract new fans and keep fans coming back week after week.

RGeeProductions
05-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I just checked out your site. I have a little question. Are you the webmaster there? Wondering where the "Keeping Track" logo came from?

knight0217
05-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Please contact me offline and I'd be happy to talk with you. admin@moyerracing.net

BlingxBling
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Gosh Richie...where have I seen that logo before? :confused: ;)

RGeeProductions
05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Please contact me offline and I'd be happy to talk with you. admin@moyerracing.net

Sorry, should be the other way around but an email is coming your way.