PDA

View Full Version : Delange Racing To Kickoff 2007 “home” Season On Sunday

RGeeProductions
05-02-2007, 01:35 PM
The DeLange Racing Team began their 2007 season in February at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida, with Bobby Holmes of Lockport competing in the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified. On Sunday, May 6, they will kickoff the “home” schedule at Lancaster Raceway Park . Holmes and Erick Rudolph of Ransomville will be driving the DeLange Team Modifieds in a 50-lap feature event.
The DeLange team has a busy schedule planned for the upcoming season. The Modifieds will be running a 14-race schedule, focused on the Race of Champions Modified Tour along with the four regular shows at Lancaster . Sunday will mark Rudolph’s competitive debut in a full-blown Modified racecar.
Rudolph was at Lancaster this past Sunday afternoon, practicing both the #45 Original Pizza Logs Modified and the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman. It was his first time in the Modified as well as his first time on the LRP half-mile oval. The talented teenager was satisfied with his maiden voyage.
“ Lancaster is definitely a different shaped track,” noted Rudolph after practice, “much different than the tracks I’ve run in the past. None of the four turns is the same. At Holland and Wyoming County the turns are the same and you can get into a rhythm. Here they are all unique and you always have to be thinking. Driving the Modified for the first time was a lot of fun. You have a lot more power than the SST and the big tires really grip the racetrack. I’m looking forward to racing next weekend.”
Team owner Dave DeLange is confident heading into season. “I’m very optimistic about the coming year. I’m pleased with Erick’s progression. For his first time out he just got better and better as he practiced. He’s a natural talent – born to drive a Modified. I’m happy we’re starting the season at Lancaster . For Erick, he’ll have some familiarity headed into the first race and he’ll have some competitive laps in a Modified under his belt before we go to Oswego . From what I’ve seen, I really believe Erick will win races this season.
“Bobby and the guys will have the #22 Modified ready to go next weekend,” continued DeLange. “This is going to be a big season for Bobby. I think the experience he gained at New Smyrna racing against the NASCAR Whelen Tour guys will do him nothing but good. I look for Bobby to have a real shot at the Race of Champions North Region championship and be a strong contender in the big races at the end of the year.”

Let the races begin!

Courtesy of:
DeLange Racing
Lockport, NY
--------------
Media Contact:
Bruce Boucher