PDA

View Full Version : Ok...Who has the BEST Burgers?

broz
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Didn't want to get off topic in another thread, so I thought I would start my own. You all got me hungry and thinking about the BEST burger!
So who has it?
Provide pics if you have them and you must have eaten that particular burger for your vote to count, :lol:

Richie, just delete my post if this is stupid :)

If you're ever in Dallas, get by DUNSTON MESQUITE HAMBURGERS
located at 8524 Harry Hines, Dallas Tx. 214-637-2233
You could call of course and see if they would Fed-Ex you one?:lol:

Order the Double-D with cheese and your favorite assortment of toppings. I suggest the "beer-battered" onion rings as a compliment to this fine burger!

RGeeProductions
05-03-2007, 07:07 PM
1. SAP's pit area last year.
2. As for a restaurant, we have a greek one, Athen's Grille, on Main Street and believe it or not, not only fresh greek food but the best burger in Riverhead. And I bet a few have ate there but being it's greek never thought of getting a burger!!!!JMO

Fitchburg Fan
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Seekonk Speedway. In the 1970's I'd get a burger with onions and a cold beer, then sit down for the Mod feature to watch Ronnie B, Bugsy, Freddy, Geoff, Summers, Kenny B, Flemke, Cleary, Savary, Travelin' Man Fiandaca, St. Angelo and the rest battle around that great little track.

Those days were magic, and the burger was an important part of the whole "Cement Palace" experience.

catfish
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
ROFLMAO, Riverhead Raceway

Howie
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Shadow has great burgers, but Shady Glen has the best cheesburgers.

broz
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Now Howie, that's what I'm talking about! :cheers:
GREAT visual! I'm going to have to get back up North real soon, looks like I'm missing out :(

Tooner
05-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Uhmm, McDonalds? Just kidding

I'd have to say the burgers at Woody's in Farmingdale, NJ it's the first time I could not eat the whole thing, even as good as it was. I'm not saying that because of the PR, but Shadow was next to me drooling looking at what I didn't eat, so he can vouch for me.

Tooner

unowho243
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Ive been there Richie Got a Gyro there today never tried their burger yet!

Precision Auto
05-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Norm wants in on this discussion on the best burgers.
He really doesn't have an opinion on the best burger, however he would like to make it known that if anyone is looking for free lead for their car, my meatloaf is available...

See Norm laugh..........:applause:

See Linda make Norm a meatloaf for dinner........:help:

See Norm stop laughing..........:*-(

See Linda start laughing.........:lol:

Axel
05-05-2007, 05:56 AM
I dunno about the best burgers, but here are some good ones in the Flemignton NJ area. Back in the olden days there was a fast fod chain called Gino's. For fast food burgers, they were much better than any of the fast food rivals (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys etc). Too bad they are gone now.

In Ringoes NJ there is a restarunt called the Harvest Moon Inn. The cook uses steak and grinds it into hambirger meat. I am talkin' a good kick-*** burger. Next time there is a tour race at Flemington Speedway, stop into Gino's or the Harvest moon. :wave:

ModTourMan
05-05-2007, 08:18 AM
There sometimes hard to find and no longer the bargain they once were but a couple/few times a year I get a craving for the one and only White Castle hamburger (AKA "sliders")! Back in the day, me and my friends would buy these by the sack - it's easy to down a dozen (or several dozen!) of these in one sitting!
I'm not sure if these are just a regional burger here in the NJ/NY area but you gotta try 'em if you get the chance. To those that do - A WARNING! These will stay with you and mess with your digestive system for days after the meal...it's best to keep a few unfinished burgers in the fridge to allow yourself to be weaned off them for a few days!

RGeeProductions
05-05-2007, 08:35 AM
There sometimes hard to find and no longer the bargain they once were but a couple/few times a year I get a craving for the one and only White Castle hamburger (AKA "sliders")! Back in the day, me and my friends would buy these by the sack - it's easy to down a dozen (or several dozen!) of these in one sitting!
I'm not sure if these are just a regional burger here in the NJ/NY area but you gotta try 'em if you get the chance. To those that do - A WARNING! These will stay with you and mess with your digestive system for days after the meal...it's best to keep a few unfinished burgers in the fridge to allow yourself to be weaned off them for a few days!

I used to feel the same about White Castle maybe 15-20 years ago when I used to pick up my son in Queens and I would stop at the Castle on the Boulevard. But, now, there is no way I can eat 12 nevermind the 5 I get in Miller Place and then within 1/2 hour ask myself, "Why did I do this again?". Sorry, but they just ain't the same anymore.
Right Larry or JA????? well JA is too young to know, but that ole guy Larry does....

Tooner
05-05-2007, 09:34 AM
There used to be a White Castle in NJ on Rt 9 I think near Middletown, on the way back to NY if you go that way.

They were good but after an hour I would be "poppin' and bangin" like a bad engine, if you know what I mean :)

ModTourMan
05-05-2007, 10:29 AM
I used to feel the same about White Castle maybe 15-20 years ago when I used to pick up my son in Queens and I would stop at the Castle on the Boulevard. But, now, there is no way I can eat 12 nevermind the 5 I get in Miller Place and then within 1/2 hour ask myself, "Why did I do this again?". Sorry, but they just ain't the same anymore.
Right Larry or JA????? well JA is too young to know, but that ole guy Larry does....

I hear ya - I definitely regret it afterwards...I'm too stupid to quit 'em totally. I still wind up buying a 1/2 dozen once or twice a year. If I'm' driving by one and I happen to be hungry I'm doomed to an evening of internal turbulence!

art11758
05-14-2007, 12:01 PM
There used to be a White Castle in NJ on Rt 9 I think near Middletown, on the way back to NY if you go that way.

They were good but after an hour I would be "poppin' and bangin" like a bad engine, if you know what I mean :)

Or just past Ernston rd. on the northbound side of 9 in Sayreville. Yah they tend to be "haunted" hamburgers no doubt. Like MTM though, I still gotta have 'em.

Back to the topic of the thread, I'm kinda partial to the burgers at the Bruckner Grill here in the Bronx. (foot of Bruckner Blvd. and Third ave. here in tha' boogie down.....)

Teds Race Tours
05-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Great, I'm off to White Castle for Lunch today. Thanks guys.