PDA

View Full Version : Random 5/5 thoughts

modified_fan
05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
1. A nice, albeit train-race like opener to the 2007 modified season.

2. Congrats to Dave Brigati and the Ambrose / 3 group. Forgive my stupidity, but did Dave have any wins in his prior mod efforts?

3. It is going to take a long time for my old brain to figure out the new points scheme. To think the good ole days will refer to when a win was 50 points. I'm not complaining, mind you. Reminds me of way back when, when the schools changed from the 'old math' to the 'new math'.

4. Good to see the 84 back. John is one tough competitor.

5. Good to see the 2 with a very, very good race, BUT not a super human race. This bodes well for competition this season.

6. It was nice seeing the officials take durometer readings prior to the heat races. Kuddos to track management.

7. Ken Darch's 03 paint scheme! Damn! Way to go man! Nuff said.

outlawfab
05-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Dave won rookie of the year back in 95? over Eddie D., but no wins. And as for Joe Ambrose, his first win as a owner or driver in 30 years in the sport.

LongIslandJam
05-06-2007, 09:19 PM
New points scheme? When did this happen?

broz
05-07-2007, 10:25 AM
The Ambrose Klan south of the Mason/Dixon here in Dallas want to send a BIG SHOUT OUT to Cousin Joe and Dave Brigati for their big win Saturday night :cheers: Nice to see you get a car in victory lane Joey. Give em' a run for the Chapionship Dave :applause:

My thoughts on paint...

SAP rocks! Always has! :cool: (will be even better when finished :lol: )

Tom Rogers in the 6 is got a pretty hot lookin' ride :cool:

And WOW that 03 of Ken Darch's is going to be hard to beat when it comes to hottest looking car on the track. Love it! :applause:

modified_fan
05-07-2007, 06:42 PM
J.A.

Regarding the 'alleged' new points scheme, I might be mistaken (since all my info is indirect), but nevertheless let me illuminate what I was told.

Shortly after the mod feature, Frank Saladino came by with the track handout for the modified finish order/ $'s earned / points / etc.. For the points it assigned the last place car 2 points. Every car finishing a place above was awarded an additional 2 points, until we arrived at the winner who received 40 points.

Being confused I asked our team's scorer, who told me this had something to do from a Nascar edict. She told me that scoring would now be determined on car counts with the last place car always starting at 2 points, and bigger fields yielding bigger points totals for the higher placing cars. If this was correct, a 15 car field would only give 30 points to the winner... a 10 car field 20 to the winner...and so on and so on......

Now perhaps my chain was just being pulled, but I'm only relating what I saw and was told.

Doug

W. J.
05-07-2007, 07:00 PM
If that's true, it will be interesting to see what type of creativity is used to keep the field full. It certainly is a great incentive to track operators to 'get the troops' out.

catfish
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Also so the driver with a weak field week in and week out does not have as big an advantage in state championship points.

LongIslandJam
05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
From the sounds of it, that's for NASCAR Whelen All American Series points NOT Riverhead Raceway track points. Or am I wrong...

catfish
05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Why would they use 2 different point systems ?

LongIslandJam
05-07-2007, 09:22 PM
There has always been a track points system for a division (this is totally up to the track on how they determine a champion), and then the way they calculate the regional and national champions for the NASCAR Whelen All American Series.

It's how we wound up with the 2005 champ being Bill Park and the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series placing Chuck Steuer as their Riverhead champ.

catfish
05-08-2007, 08:48 AM
You're right JA, I forgot about that, my mistake.

modprincess8x
05-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Riverhead will be following the new points system for the modifieds this year.

Sweet67703
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I spoke to Christine and she said that it was agreed upon by herself and Barbara Cromarty that it is easier to keep track of one set of points, so they are going with the Nascar rules for points. Makes sense to me.

LongIslandJam
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Ok, our Modified points on the Jam have been updated to the new points system. Thanks for the heads up folks!

Fast&Legal
05-10-2007, 10:04 AM
If this is true, then what happens to the "double" point shows? ******* does not have double points shows.