PDA

View Full Version : Where will Dale Earnhardt Jr. end up?

LongIslandJam
05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought this would be a neat thread. Let's see what the public thinks. If I don't have a choice listed, post it. Thanks!

Teds Race Tours
05-11-2007, 04:39 AM
I just don't think DEI will have much value to Teresa after Dale leaves. Is she going to run it? I think most of the higher ups at DEI would go with Dale. At this point, I think it would be in her best interest to sell to Dale.

The Bullfather
05-11-2007, 07:26 AM
heard rcr is a done deal and will could be announced today, hearing #33 will be the car number and bud will follow. Also he could race #3 in the future.

maestri fan 1
05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I think he'll be with Hendrick, as much as I want to see him in a black #3 I think he'll be a Hendrick driver in no time.

vsmidge68
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I just saw him @ Burger King having lunch with Elvis....LOL:angel: I hope he goes to Childress. This is business, remember, not personal so if RCR wants him I don't think friendships will get in the way. This will be better than WHO SHOT JR? ( If anyone is old enough to remember that. lol )

The Bullfather
05-11-2007, 02:28 PM
So far it's been denied, but a lot of people down in NC and sports community have reported it being a done deal. But Richard has to deny it until he gets all his eggs in the same basket and not make some sort of comments. I don't think there will be an announcement until they have a car all ready to go to debut for the media. flash flash flash flash I hear cameras!

Teds Race Tours
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Hampton Jitney has announced a Press Conference to announce a new driver for their stables in 2008. Rumor has it Dale Jr has signed on the drive the Famous Big Green Bus in 2008. More details on this will be announced at the Press Conference.

W. J.
05-11-2007, 06:10 PM
HJ has a #8 bus???

LongIslandJam
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
We want JR to race the bus!!!

vsmidge68
05-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see him "Bump Draft" right through the Hamptons!! LOL

Rich Mergl
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Thought the deal was, you hit my Drive at the 10th hole at the Baldwin Memorial. And I drive the BIG GREEN BUS.

Teds Race Tours
05-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry, Rich. When a driver the Quality of Dale jr comes along, its a no brainer. I'm still hoping to hit your Tee Shot. Gotta bring my Rip It!!!!!

Rich Mergl
05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, you can still hit my tee shot. But you have to go past the Lady's tee box.

RGeeProductions
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
RIGHT FROM DANSKI:
Anheuser-Busch to start new 2 car Cup team in 2008. Dale Jr to be sponsored by Budweiser and Truex to be sponsored by Bud Light. The Clydesdales will be their official tow vehicle and the Bud Girls the official pit crew. The 'wasssssssssssssuuuuuppppppppppppppp' guys will be the spotters and the 'Born On Date' will be January 1st, 2008.
More on this story as it brews!!!
Theresa forced to sell DEI because there are no coolers left.
UPDATE: Chris Truex is hired as Anheuser-Busch adds a 3rd team and Chris "HOPS" in the seat with Bud Light as the sponsor. More on the possible Schmidt's Ultra Light 1000 entry as the cream rises to the top....
Actual Story Link (http://longislandjam.com/jokes/danskis)

The Bullfather
05-13-2007, 04:15 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm bud girls:) :lol: :drool:

x_factor
05-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, D.E.I. will not make it without him !!! R.C.R is going to take over with him where they left off with Sr.

EnduroFromDE
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
No DE in DEI, ???? I guest that's what she wanted. An " I " in HER team. I do see her side though, all Dale Jr. was in the company was a driver, with the same last name. He wanted to own the whole company, and his real job, driving, was affected. Ever since all his TV ads and attempts to move up in the team started, his racing slowed down. The truth is the the only time he and Michael Waltrip did well is when they were together. Maybe they will team back up and start winning, well starting races again.

W. J.
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Mikey needs Jr. and a Chevy. Mikey has never won in a Pontiac, Ford, Dodge or Toyota. All his victories came in Chevies, but he doesn't appear to remember that, LOL.

witchin8
05-15-2007, 09:03 AM
He did win in a Ford...... granted it was the all-star race.

W. J.
05-15-2007, 10:19 AM
That just underscores my point, Eric, thanks.

Let's rewrite the statement: He's never scored first-place points in anything but a Chevy, LOL! :lol:

The Bullfather
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
That all-star race was his biggest win. Yes he did win Daytona twice. First one had the Dale Sr. hanging over it, the second one was sweet to his soul. But that All-star race was the break through, heart warm feeling win Mikey will always remember. Plus it was with the Wood Brothers. He won the open chanllange to come through the whole field to win the All-Star race. Mikey has even said it's was his favorite victory. Does it matter if it was a points race? NO! The All-Star race is known to be all or nothing style. Everyone is gunning from green to checkers for 90 laps. Many teams bring their best cars. D.W. once took the win and blew everyones doors off, he blew the motor after crossing the checkers. Some say it was planned, what was in the motor? Jeff Gordon had his T-Rex car that dominated the field. But everyone brings their best, because it not a points race. They seem to get away with a little bit more. Anyone memeber Dale Sr. was going to race a in the early 90's, he was going to race with a Lincoln Mark body??? It never happened, but he was planning it, wonder if they ever got a body for it.

W. J.
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll say it again: "EXHIBITION races mean nothing in the overall scheme of things"

The Bullfather
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
guess it means nothing to all the drivers and crew and a couple MILLION people and a sold-out Lowe's Motor Speedway.

W. J.
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
It means nothing except for the day of the event. I've yet to see it factor into the 'Chase' or any other point standing figures. It's just an EXHIBITION race to let the teams showoff and experiment a bit. To Lowe's and NASCAR, it means money. Most importantly, it has nothing to do with the original intent of this thread, "Where will Dale Earnhardt Jr. end up".

Why don't we get back to THAT!

allhailunc
05-16-2007, 03:36 AM
MIkey? Are we walking MIkey who's idiot brother is in the announcer's booth? At DEI? I don't think so. Although it might help his self esteem. Maybe they should go after both him and Dale Jarrett, they don't seem to be able to do anything with the rice burners behind them. If it weren't for Reutimann & Blaney, Toyota would look pretty silly right now. I say Teresa-"Hire Dick Trickle & Dave Marcus"

The Bullfather
05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
:) Let the verdict out on Toyota and Nascar be heard half way till next year. Dodge had to take time before being a front runner with teams. They had a decent run here or there, but now they are rolling along. As much as you people may hate Toyota you have to give it some time before they can show if they have it together or not. They did announce they were coming into Cup till June or July last year. They have been behind the racing product and it has shown in result in the truck series. I think they will pressing hard on drivers and teams before the year it out for results. But they will not give up and go home as much as people would want them too. The only true car doing the most is Chevy, with runs from Ford by Rousch and Yates, but they are no way dominate as Hendrick,Gibbs and RCR cars. Dodge has seen good runs too, ut they are no way in the same league right now as Chevy. I'm a dodge guy too. Always been good to me.:) Now back to DEI, Jr will never leave Chevy, look at all he does with them and his commercials.

catfish
05-16-2007, 04:24 PM
And EVERYONE thought Mark Martin would NEVER leave Roush or Ford either.

rae234
05-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I would love to think this was all a publicity stunt...however...I know I am wrong

W. J.
05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
I would love to think this was all a publicity stunt...however...I know I am wrong
Maybe, maybe not.

Jr. is in line to be the biggest story of the year in NASCAR over this, no matter what happens.

x_factor
05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, Jr. will be the biggest news (as a free agent), with Bud going with him. ESPN sports the other night said Jr. will be the biggest signing to whoever gets him!!!!!

rydogg97
05-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I think Ginn racing would be a good spot. There are no large egos to deal with and in one press release I read said Ginn would be aggressive to get him!! I think with what Jr would bring and what Ginn would put into it they could make a run at it. An optimist?? Probably, but it could work!!! I believe it would be like unofficially owning your own team without all the hassles because he would dictate what is needed!!! Just a thought!!!:cheers:

trigger22
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Here is another thought, if he really wants to get in a Hendrick car don't forget about Haas Racing. They are just down the road from Hendrick. No egos there either. As for DEI they will be just fine, that is just my opinion but what do I know.:)

outlawfab
05-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Hmmm :) I wonder?

(inside joke):drool:

randomrodder
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Does it really matter? Jr. is going to have to prove himself no matter where he goes. Might be a little harder on one team than another, but he's going to have to earn his stripes either way.

The Bullfather
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
hear that Greg Biffle might be the driver for DEI. He's supposed to be the odd man out at Roush with the team downsizing to 4 drivers. I believe it's next year that you can only have 4 drivers per team. Pat Tryson was fired and has been working with Biffle for a long time. They may be reunited under the DEI banner in 08'. With a driver with talents of Greg and Truex working together, it could be a good mix, add in Menard it could be really good.

Nascar is going to work over the qualifying problems, drivers run with the top 20-30 cars and don't make the race is crazy. Taking the top 35 leaving 7 spots open is not a good mix for the drivers. Many teams are not liking it, I look to see them take the top 25-30 drivers with more drivers on the bubble. Who knows what Nascar is thinking. Menard is working hard and has shown some real improvement.

Truex has run up front almost every race, results my say otherwise, but equipment and driver exprience will get better and has gotten better. I'm excited to see Martin run. The Open race in the All-star has really pushed drivers to next level before, I believe it will be the same for Martin. Think he's even headed for his first Nascar points win this year.

It seems many teams are for 08', RCR seems like the choice for Dale Jr. but as time is going by (which it's been 2 weeks) most teams seem set for next season. I don't see silly season being like last year. After Jr. made the announcment RCR made the engine deal with DEI. I think jr. jumped off a little too fast. But it seems JR motorsports might actually be the deal with Hendrick for car support. Who knows there so much time! But this is the biggest news for silly season! Why add more lol.

trigger22
05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
The DEI/RCR deal is just an engine program as of now. But as they say only time will tell.;) Just my two cents.

Bad Guy
05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Just heard from Charlotte that Dale Jr.
is going to M. Waltrip Racing.

Why you ask---Dale wants weekends off

W. J.
05-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Now there's something that's GUARANTEED!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: