PDA

View Full Version : The NEETS Website

CJfilms
05-12-2007, 10:58 AM
First off, I want to let everyone know ahead of time...

THE SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

I won't change anything that will interfere with the upcoming race, but a few pages are already offline. I am working on my computer to update/upgrade to the current format and have everything look uniform. I spent nearly 8 hours straight yesterday cleaning up just the main page, so you see this will take a few days worth of effort.

If there are any MAJOR problems you are experiencing/have noticed, either email me or post it up here. I will resolve any issues ASAP. But as I said before, I won't change anything that will disrupt anything before the next event.

As for the winners photos on the main page...I am working on that, they should be up by Monday. Right now I have three folders on my desktop...a NEETS old site folder...NEW NEETS site folder....and a folder for whats coming off the site.

My plan here is to reorganize the site at first. Clean up and downsize. The site wil load up faster and have less HTML code, therefore it will be easier for me to work with in the future.

Second, I will expand into making a few NEETS Extras....older pages revived, old photos from NEETS past, results from way back when NEETS was in its infant stage.

Last... I will eventually redesign the whole site. Once I have everything laid out and in it's place, finding a new layout won't be hard.

You will notice a few changes to the way I do things, such as I will update the contacts page to include photos of your favorite officials. Since I take the 'bad' photos of 'good' people, you will see more piuctures of NEETS members at their worst!:-B And there will be a few other simple changes here and there that you may or may not notice...

So...Keep your eyes open and watch out for the updates!

EnduroFromDE
05-13-2007, 06:50 PM
How about updating a new opening intro video???

W. J.
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
How about waiting patiently while the work gets done? It's a VOLUNTEER job, not what the man does for a living!

CJfilms
05-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks WJ...but that isn't necessary. I DO want to hear everyone's input. If there is something you want to see changed, speak up! The more people looking and criticizing, the more that I will have to do... That way, the site will do more than just exist as is...it will be something everyone will have played a part in at one point.

...As far as the intro video goes...I am not too familiar with Flash programs. I will work on it eventually, but my main concern is making the site easier for racers/fans to acquire racing info, before I spend time on that...ok?

Erin C
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I know what I would like to see!! Eventually I would like to see the resurrection of the "NEETS Newsletter"!! I'll even put in my own time to put it together :p

The "NEETS Newsletter" had a compilation of the previous event's Press release, Petey's Rear View, Comments given from racers/fans about the race, a collage of pictures, full results from the race, and info about the next scheduled event. I would probably take the most random picture you took for the day and make a comic out of it!!

Hey Petey, I know you like to write!! Would you be willing to publicize your "Rear View" on each race for the newsletter, again?

CJfilms
05-14-2007, 01:08 PM
The winnner's photos from the previous event are up on the main page!

now its back to work!...HARDly WORKING!

Erin C
05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Joseph!!! You forgot to mention if you do not see the pictures when you go to the main page, refresh the page!!

I opened up the link to the main page and the pictures were not there, from dealing with this problem before, I know that my history does not get deleted for 5 days, so if the site is updated after I view it, and before my history is deleted, it views how I originally opened the page. Make sure you always refresh your page to get the most recent updates!!

PS...The pictures look good :)

EnduroFromDE
05-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I wasn't trying to be pushy, but I know Billy said he was working on the intro, but dealing with the track change, never got around to doing it. When I read this the first time, I must have missread it, and I thought it WAS ASKING for ideas, but now I re-read it I notice it asked to post MAJOR problems, not ideas. Sorry, but I never meant anything by that remark.

rpkulik
05-14-2007, 10:19 PM
From the website:

"Over the first half of the event Pease and Gallucci continually swapped the top spit..."

richardpetey
05-15-2007, 12:07 AM
If all that spit is on the top, I'll run the low line, hehe................:eek:
Sure, I'll help ya out Erin, now that I can FINALLY use my "rear view"..........................:applause:
Good job Sheriff! Way to clean up the website.........................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I wasn't trying to be pushy, but I know billy said he was working on the intro, but dealing with the track change, never got around to doing it. When I read this the first time, I must of misread it, and I thought it WAS ASKING for ideas, but now I re-read it I notice it ask to post MAJOR problems, not ideas. Sorry, but I never ment nothing by that remark.

Steve...you were fine with your first post. Actually, someone is working on making a new intro video as we speak...well, it's 230am, so maybe not right now...but a new intro video is on the way!

another idea....new logos for next year??? let's hear some opinions...

ps...bob, thanks for pointing that out!!! spell check wouldn't catch something like that!....I'd be afraid of what would.... :eek:

CJfilms
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Just so you know....

The site is temporarily unavailable....and it's not me! I am working on the site, but offline. This happened a little while ago and Billy had to make a phone call to get it fixed....I will alert him to the problem and things should be straightened out by tomorrow. :p

Erin C
05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Because the website is down the email off the server is also down. Therefore, billyb@neetstour.net is also temporarily unavailable.