PDA

View Full Version : Random 5/12 thoughts

modified_fan
05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
1. A very entertaining race with much more action and competition than the season's opener.

2. Way to go Mr. Park! The 20 car certainly seems to know its way around the quarter mile.

3. Not to steal any thunder from another thread, but it was very unfortunate to see Justin taken off by ambulance. Get well soon! It was an awful night for the 28 team being tapped into the wall, by a car that I won't name here, during the heats.

4. Does Sal always seem to come up on the short end things started by others? Many cars had expensive problems last night, but he at times seems to have a bulls eye on the 93. I wish I was watching the front of the pack to see how that Lap 10 incident started, but I'm assuming it was one of the harder charging cars not quite passing cleanly someone else to start the damaging scrum.

5. KUDOS to the track officials for allowing the Lap 10 restart to go double file! Keeping double file restarts until the halfway point made for MUCH excitement in the midpack a group of talented drivers fought to move up.

6. Did anyone see the 84 do a complete 360 in turn 1 after a 'love tap' from the 96 at about the start/finish line, AND correct it forward WITHOUT having to bring the caution out???? How many other drivers could, or would, have done this? Way to go John!!!

7. I spent some time watching the rookie 45 car and have to say I was pleasantly impressed. I have no idea as to the quality of his equipment, but he seemed to be using his head and not overdriving, as he gets his feet wet in this faster paced division.

8. Would it be best if officials leaned on certain cars with obviously slower equipment, and encouraged them to start at the rear and not the front? This mod division is very talented and laden with a bunch of hungry drivers with good equipment. Having a slower car with old tires starting up front tends to yield expensive situations for the better cars.

We had 10 past Riverhead Mod Champs start last night along, with some very talented guys such as Andrews, Young, Kenny, Sal and others. Why should a car that's going to be shuffled back within a few laps, in turn raising havoc for all stuck behind in his line, be up front?

I truly want good car counts and respect all who sweat it out each week to come here and race, but can't we be more pragmatic here in this aspect of 'managing' the feature?

310fig8
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Modified fan, FYI the 45 car is the former Steve Rolston 95 car.

Fkraft99
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I was pretty impressed with the former figure8 driver returning to his roots and making a hard left coming out of 2 when Chuck was next to him and running him through the infield. He was holding the field up and the 20 gave him a little bump going into one and moved him up the track and 11 drove under him, he proceeded to drive the 11 through the infield into the bumps almost taking them both our while running in the top 5...

I guess that a reason why he hasn't won a championship yet, and probably never will...

The Bullfather
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey Freddie when you going to get Eddie to get J-Rod behind the wheel of a weekly modified??? I'm waiting to see Jarrod race a modified, I saw Marrisa drove the 02 this weekend, maybe Jarrod could have walked passed J.R. in a mini skirt a few times hahahahahah I DON'T WANT TO EVER SEE THAT....... MUST WASH MY EYES NOW.

BOWATCHER
05-14-2007, 05:23 PM
JR is back!!! It was a great race to watch!!! Lots of excitement!!!