PDA

View Full Version : Allstar Speedway Race #2

MOD11RACER
05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
May 10, 2008. $10,000 to win $1,000 to start $100 to lead per lap. This is great news from Bobby M. and Allstar Speedway.

RGeeProductions
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
October 19-20th, 2007, All-Star Nationals, Pro Stocks 150 & Modifieds 100, $10,000 to win.

WillyKJr
05-18-2007, 10:08 AM
DAAAANG!!! I did it agian!!! I got sucked into that negative, doom and gloom abyss that is the MSS forum.

I applaud the All-Star Speedway folks for presenting a great opportunity for the fans and teams of the Modified community and racing in general. In the grand scheme and all things considered the first offering was a success. The majority of the racing community is spreading a positive vibe and I believe the second edition will be better attended, in the stands and in the pit area.

Listening to participants and reading posts by "fans" on some forums I don't understand why these people are involved (they like to think they are involved anyway) in this sport. This is not a place for people who want things easy. It is not easy. It is often times not fair. It is about competition. Spending too much time, spending too much money, breaking things, loosing, sacrificing, living the life...all for the pursuit of victory. Nothing else. Just winning is what matters. Maybe there are some folks involved that think it should be fun or fulfilling or some other Dr Phil-esque excuse but it isn't. It is competition and that only means winning. In the racing world, winning is fun. Nothing else.

A handful of the Mod guys are out running all over the countryside adn that is terrific to see. Thanks for that effort guys and I hope it is contagious because the Mod guys have a bunch of great opportunites right now if they will look outside of the comfortable, safe world they have been accustomed to some time now.

Excuse the rant. Just a bit disenchanted with the lack of commitment, sacrifice, passion and drive around the pit areas currently. Could certainly just be my "take" but I call 'em as I see 'em and that's what I'm seeing.

Clear low, so I'm outta' here.