PDA

View Full Version : Intro and hoping for information

Preliator
05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a new to the forum and was hoping that a bit of direction could be found. My partner and I are looking to get into enduro racing. Can anyone point me in the right direction for licensing and such? I have looked all over Riverhead Raceway's website, but I found no information. Are there local schools or do they do something on an announcement basis at the track? It has been a number of years since I have been out there and moving back to Suffolk County has sparked an old interest.
I'm looking to make the transition from old school street racing to something new. I hope to find what I am looking for as any information will be helpful. Thanks for the help
Anthony

LongIslandJam
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the Jam. There are no licensing procedures for the Enduro ranks at Riverhead Raceway. All you have to be is over the age of 16 to race and enter the pits. You should pre-register to avoid any fees. Call the track office at (631) 842-RACE to pre-register for the class of Enduros you are thinking about entering. The registration form is at http://www.riverheadraceway.com/enduroapp.pdf

For rules on the various classes of Enduros at Riverhead go to http://www.riverheadraceway.com/rrrules.html . While they are basically "gut n' go" divisions, you can't simply take your street car and race in them (well in theory you could, as long as you gutted the car).

I'm sure more of our forum members can provide more advice as well.

rocket
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Our next race is may 27 Sunday, Come in to the pits and check the cars and trucks out. I'm the #7 truck enduro if you have any questions.

art11758
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Just as a sort of heads up, tech for the top finishers has become a bit more "thorough" than in years past. More important is safety equipment like belts and a helmet and such. For a "first effort car", anything that's lurking in your backyard will do. (or maybe your neighbors yard) Make a pitch for it, then go have a blast.

Preliator
05-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated. We are actually planning on coming down May 27th, so I will look you up in the pits Rocket.
I was under the impression that you needed a Nascar lic. to run at Riverhead, but I am glad to hear that's not the case...although I would have done it anyway....
We're still not too sure what we're going to run yet, as we're still exploring our options and availablity, but leaning towards the 4/6 cyl enduro trucks. You never know, maybe something else.
This is coming off a pretty long layoff from street racing. It's been at least 8 years got side tracked with life and then got real busy, so we're looking to ease back into it slow and steady and enjoy it. After all, what fun is a hobby if ya cant blow all your extra cash and laugh about it right?
Again thanks for the information and the welcome. I hope to get chance to meet ya'll out at Riverhead.....and thanks for the patience with the newbie questions, as I am sure there will be a few more by the time you reload the page.

anthony

BoomBoom
05-21-2007, 10:59 AM
I believe you do need an Nascar license to run at Riverhead. I know that the rules say that you have to show your license in order to claim any prize money and you need your Nascar license to enter the pits, especially on a Saturday. You could purchase the license the day of the race at the pit gates.
I, too, am new to the enduro ranks as of last year, and everyone I have talked to has been most helpful to me. I am running the 8 cylinder enduro and for this race I will be #29 in the green Long Island Ducks car. If you need further information, please feel free to stop and chat.

BoomBoom

vsmidge68
05-21-2007, 12:43 PM
You don't need a Nascar license to run the Enduros. You do need one for regular Sat. night shows.

N.Y. racing
05-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey Preliator this is my sophmore season in Enduros and I would say go watch the different classes before deciding which is best for you. You can purchase a pit pass on Sunday for 28 bucks and will be able to check out the cars and talk with some people that will point you in the right direction. Look for me there and I will answer what I can. I will be the #2, baby blue and black PokerFreerollsOnline.com 6 cyl Cutlass.