PDA

View Full Version : Rudolph Wins In Delange Sst At Lancaster

RGeeProductions
05-18-2007, 11:25 AM
The full DeLange Racing team was in action last weekend for the first time in 2007. The Young Guns opened the Race of Champions Modified Tour schedule on Sunday afternoon at Oswego Speedway. But the highlight of the weekend came on Saturday night as teenager Erick Rudolph of Ransomville captured the SST Sportsman feature in the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete machine.

Rudolph was making his first-ever SST start on the Lancaster half-mile oval. Lining up on the outside of the front row, he quickly jumped into the lead. He never relinquished his advantage and cruised to Victory Lane .

“I had a really fast racecar,” noted Rudolph. “I started on the outside of the front row and got the early lead. I just stayed there until the checkered flag. I had some pressure in the last five laps. It feels good to win. I would have liked to start a little further back and gain some experience at passing on the bigger track, but a win is a win. I think with more experience here we can be even faster. I like the speed we run on the big track and the tires we use get better grip. It makes the car easier to drive. It’s always fun to win.”

On Sunday both Rudolph and Bobby Holmes of Lockport headed east to Oswego for a Race of Champions Tour Central Region 75-lapper. A solid field of 22 Modifieds was on hand and included most of the top teams that follow the series. It proved to be an uphill battle for the Young Guns all afternoon.

Holmes qualified the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified through his qualifying heat and drew the tenth starting spot in the feature lineup. He settled into position in the early laps but was fighting an ill-handling racecar. He spun on the 16th lap and headed to pit road for some adjustments. The car was never quite right and he struggled to a 15th place finish.

“We just didn’t hit on the right setup today,” explained Holmes. “It felt like we were racing on ice so the car was tough to drive. We spun out early in the race and then pitted to try and adjust the car. It was a little better but still not right. I had to restart at the back and there wasn’t another caution for a long time. We will learn from today and we will be better the next time.”

Rudolph missed his qualifying heat due to some tire issues and had to start the feature dead last. He drove a smooth race and by the checkered flag had moved up to 12th. He was satisfied with his first-ever Modified start on the tricky Oswego five-eighths mile oval.

“I started from the back and worked my way up to a decent finish today,” related Rudolph. “I gained a lot of experience racing the Modified here at Oswego . The car handled well but late in the race we were out of tires like everyone else. I’m pretty happy with my first Modified finish here today.”

Rudolph will carry the banner for DeLange Racing this coming weekend. He will drive the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman at Lancaster on Saturday night as well the season opener at Wyoming County International Speedway on Sunday afternoon. The DeLange Racing Modifieds will return to action on Saturday, May 26th at Oswego with a 100-lap RoC Tour Combination race.

DeLange Racing wishes to congratulate Jessy Schermerhorn of Ransomville who drove a DeLange sponsored Stock Medium Go-Kart to Victory Lane at Ransomville Speedway on Thursday night. She led from flag-to-flag to capture her first-ever feature win.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing PR