PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - Eddie Flemke's Mom

Howie
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Ed Flemke lost his Mom last Saturday. The information is below. Our thoughts and prayers are with Eddie, Paula and the rest of her family and friends at this sad time.

BOWEN, Christine (Errede Flemke) Christine Errede Flemke Bowen, 69, of New Britain, departed this earth on Saturday, (May 19) in New Britain. Christine was a Christmas baby, born on December 25, and was a delight to her parents, the late Donato L. and Rose Marinelli Errede. Christine was a lifelong resident of New Britain and a member of Saint Francis of Assisi Church, New Britain. She attended local schools and had a long career in the Insurance Industry, retiring in 2003. Christine enjoyed many things, ceramics, gardening, sewing, reading and recently volunteered her time comforting people in the hospice program. Christine is survived by her three children, Paula Flemke Bouchard and her husband, Ron, of Fitchburg, MA, Edward D. Flemke of Southington, and Kenneth P. Bowen, Sr. and his wife, Lois of Sturbridge, MA. She also leaves three beloved grandchildren, Chad E. Bouchard of Fitchburg, MA, and Jordan Leigh and Kenneth P. Bowen, Jr., of Sturbridge, MA. She also leaves her brother, Nicholas J. Errede of New Britain; one nephew, Donald J. Errede of Coconut Creek, FL; and one grandniece, Heather Lynn Errede, also of Coconut Creek. Christine was predeceased by her son, Russell Scott Flemke. Funeral rites for Christine will be held Thursday, May 24, at 8:30 a.m. with the procession departing at 9 a.m. from the Paul A. Shaker/Farmingdale Funeral Home, 764 Farmington Avenue, New Britain, followed by a Liturgy of Christian Burial at 10 a.m. at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 1755 Stanley Street, New Britain, CT. Committal service and final resting place will be in Fairview Cemetery, Smalley Street, New Britain, CT. Relatives and friends may call at the Paul A. Shaker/ Farmingdale Funeral Home, Wednesday, May 23, from 4-7 p.m.. Directions to funeral home: I-84 East or West-Exit 37 (Fienemann Road) Right off exit-one mile down on right. To extend condolences to the Bowen Family or to share a memory of Christine, please visit our website at www.shakerfuneralhome.com

RGeeProductions
05-22-2007, 09:15 AM
I would like to send out my prayers to Eddie Jr and his family.

Fitchburg Fan
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Sad news indeed. According to the "Steady Eddie" book, Christine also was the car owner of one of Ed Sr.'s coupes in the early days ... and was still coming to the races recently to cheer for Eddie Jr. in the NASCAR Mod Tour events.

What a wonderful racing tradition that family established ...

Teds Race Tours
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Sincere Condolences go out to the entire Flemke Family!!!

Tooner
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I too would like to add my condolences to the families and friends of Eddie's Mom. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Mike Clayton

michael wood
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
my thoughts and prayers go out to eddie and his family