PDA

View Full Version : Delange Racing Eager To Return To Oswego

RGeeProductions
05-26-2007, 07:50 AM
The Race of Champions Modified Tour returns to action this Saturday, May 26, at Oswego Speedway. The Parts Plus Richie Evans Memorial 100 will be the first Combination event of 2007. The DeLange Racing Young Guns will be on hand and eager to improve on a disappointing performance in the May 13th RoC Tour opener at Oswego.

In the Parts Plus 75 two weeks ago, Bobby Holmes of Lockport struggled with an ill-handling racecar. After an early race spin in the #22 Original Pizza Logs Modified, Holmes pitted for some adjustments and returned at the rear of the field. He battled to a 15th place finish. Erick Rudolph of Ransomville failed to compete in his qualifying heat and was forced to start the 75-lap feature from the rear of the 22-car field. He fought hard on a day when passing was almost nonexistent and managed to finish 12th in the #45 Original Pizza Logs Modified.

Team owner Dave DeLange feels the struggles the team endured at the opener will help them improve when they return to Oswego this Saturday. “Both our teams labored at the first race,” DeLange recalls. “Erick had some tire issues and missed his heat race. He started the feature from the back and drove a marvelous race. With some adjustments to the setup and a better starting position I think he will be very competitive at this race. Bobby and his crew just missed on the setup the last time and struggled with an ill-handling racecar. They learned from that and we will correct our problems. I’m looking for a strong performance from Bobby on Saturday.

“This is a very important race for me,” DeLange explains. “We all know what Richie Evans meant to Modified racing. He is still the standard we all strive to meet. Next to the Race of Champions 200, this is the race I most want to win. It has been a dream of mine to win the Richie Evans Memorial since the race was first run. I think we have a good opportunity to accomplish that goal on Saturday. We will be well-prepared and give it our best effort.”

Last weekend was a quiet one for DeLange Racing. Rudolph competed in the #12 Original Pizza Logs/PrimeTyme Motorsports/Brigham Concrete SST Sportsman at Lancaster Raceway Park on Saturday night. A problem with the fuel pump sidelined him early in the feature. Holmes raced a Vinny Christiano-owned TQ Midget at LRP and finished second. Rudolph planned to race at the Wyoming County International Speedway 2007 season opener on Sunday but that event was cancelled by persistent rain showers. He will return this Sunday afternoon for the rescheduled opener to compete in twin 25-lap features for the SST cars.

Bruce Boucher/DeLange Racing PR