20 - Cunaccia - 25
01 - Greenan - 21
8 - Cohan - 20
99 - Kohler - 7
99 - Aquino - 6
66 - Brown - 0

KickItUp
06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Just a generic question here.. But say a rookie starts the race, and then has someone else finish the race in their car, say this happens more than once.. And the finisher is not a rookie, but a championship driver with tons of experince.. is that fair that the rookie gets the points? I am just asking is all..

310fig8
06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
She still finished last!!!

Tracy87BB
06-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't have a definitive answer for you myself, but it is something I will refer to our Eligibility Committee. That is something for them to decide on collectively.

W. J.
06-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Without getting any nastier than this has already gotten, the general rule is that points go to the car, not the driver who is behind the wheel at the end of a race. It's not something that happens all the time. Maybe we need to know why the driver change took place. Perhaps the "Championship driver" was taking the car out in race conditions, after the 'lost cause' of her being (as they feel) intentionally wrecked, to check out the car for them?
Now, on the subject of some perceived favoritism, I can tell you as a member of the aforementioned eligibility commitee, there will not be any. All are equal, and nobodies 'Daddy' will change that. Why do you think there was a committee formed in the first place? Please have your facts straight before you make wild accusations.

vsmidge68
06-19-2007, 05:18 PM
I think at this point Jessica is more concerned with surviving than with chasing points.......I'm not on any side particularly, but why don't you guys try having to deal with some of the pressures that this girl is under? If "she" were a "he" I highly doubt we would even be having this discussion.(and before it's said, yes I have seen grown men cry.:*-( ) My husband and I own a Blunderbust, with a driver who is new to the division,(although not new to racing) and believe it, I have a pretty big mouth and would be one of the first to complain, but this is an ENTRY LEVEL division and we think that "BOTH JESSICAS" have come a long way since opening night and if you run them clean they will give you room. Everyone has to start somewhere and no matter "hoosier daddy" you deserve a chance. I would hate for this post to be about my rookie.....JMO

KickItUp
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
I honestly don't care who gets in anyone else's cars for whatever reason. But if you are trying to win a rookie award, and someone else is getting your points for you, a champ no less, it is not deserved. I don't care if it's male or female, 16 or 66 years old. I know I would not feel good winning something as coveted as the rookie of the year award to put on my racing resume if I didn't win it on my own. Maybe that's just me then.
If she was hypothetically leading this rookie chase, and let's say in at least 2 of the races where she was given points did not finish the race under her own power, how is that fair to any of the other rookies toughing it out?
As for the reason she was not back in the car this time, well that's another entire post. (I will add my 2 cents in here anyway). Not that driver doesn't deserve to be in a racecar, especially one that's way out of it's league.. he's threatened nearly everyone in the division at least once, and always follows thru on his threats.. Seems like though, there isn't anything that can be done, speaking with those in charge has been done by a few drivers I know, and he continues to do it week in and week out..

LongIslandJam
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Rule for normal points is the driver who starts the race, earns the points. That's how it works normally. From Nextel Cup to Blundercup.

chargerthunder
06-19-2007, 09:31 PM
This is not fair to the 05 and that kid in the 5x....the 5x (Bader) busts his butt and practices every chance he gets. He and Oliver are the best and most talented rookies out there. This is unfair to the people who earn it!

Tracy87BB
06-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I would like to clarify one thing about Saturday night's finish and the rookie points. The car in question finished last. The finish would have been exactly the same even if the car had never returned to the track. Therefore, the number of rookie points awarded to the driver would not have been any different regardless of who was in the car. As I mentioned previously (and W.J. acknowledged), the question will be brought up to the Eligibility Committee (of which I am not a member), and I expect that an agreeable resolution will be made for the future.

W. J.
06-19-2007, 11:03 PM
And to add to the above, when that solution is resolved satisfactorily, we on the eligibility committee will let everyone know what it is. I know I want to see an unquestioned level of fairness here, without regard to who's points are in question. It should be a level playing field, and we will do our best to see that it is.

Tower Man
06-20-2007, 08:06 AM
No comment...

W.J. I answered your question in a PM.

She finished last and the replacement driver gained ZERO spots. And he didn't even attempt to get back at the 67.

vsmidge68
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
In all fairness, the man is an experienced Modified driver. Can you say "apples" and " oranges?" I'm just sayin...........this is supposed to be "rookie" points. I think it should be the driver getting the "rookie points", not the car. If a driver CHOOSES not to finish the race they shouldn't recieve any points. Am I right? I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will let me know..lol

W. J.
06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
There's nothing in any NASCAR rule that specifies that a relief driver, taking over for a rookie, must be a rookie. Maybe there should be, but for now, it's the car owner's choice, as long as the driver has a license and the track doesn't object. The ironic part of all of this is that it made no difference in the outcome of the race, so I don't see that it's a big deal. All it did was get the sponsor exposure on the track, and that's what you're supposed to do for a good sponsor.

SuperShafts
06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
She (we all know who "she" is) should get NO points. No rookie points, no track points, NOTHING!!! I think the officials are all scared of her Daddy. She DOES NOT belong behind the wheel of a race car!!! She is too immature for this sport. How many times do we need to see her cry?? You go right ahead and refer to the eligibility committee, I am sure DADDY will make the right decision.

Wow! sometimes people all show their emotions of trying hard, putting pressure on themselves or even frustration in different ways, maybe those emotions were 1 of those and she had tears, or maybe she had a opinion of herself in her head and felt she was disappointing to someone...

That doesn't mean someone can or can't drive though

blunderbust8
06-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Is there any way we can find out how the rookie point system works?

Tracy87BB
06-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I have copied the following from Tower Man's original post on the subject. Here you go:

So this is what I will do through J T L Enterprises in memory of my Uncle, John Kraft who passed away in 2006 and got me started in this crazy racing business.

I will give a plaque to the 2007 Rookie of the year. I am still working on a cash sponsor. This is how it will be decided.

1- Each eligible rookie must declare their rookie status by the fourth week, (the status/eligiblity will be confirmed with the Riverhead Raceway management).

2 - The driver will get points based on finishes in Feature Events only and double points will not be awarded on Double Point nights..

3- 10 points for first, 9 points for second, 8 points for third and so on. If there are more than 10 rookies, 11th and up will receive 1 point. First is the first rookie across the line, not necessarily winning the race, just the first across the line in the finish. Second is the next rookie and so on...

4 - The car must display a JTL Enterprises decal each week on the B or C post to receive points. No excuses! No exceptions.

5 - If the driver raced in previous seasons, but did not compete in more than five events in a single season, they will be considered a rookie. (Exceptions would be a driver who has competed in other NASCAR divisions. For example, Crazy Eddie Mistretta ran BB last year. In my opinion, he would not have qualified as a rookie).

6- The Eligibility Committee will have final say on who the eligible rookies are in 2007.

The driver with the most points is the 2007 Rookie of the Year, and will receive their award at a suitable time as the track allows or at a small gathering in the pit area at the end of the season. Or maybe at the 2008 S.A.F.E.R. Banquet if Joe Saraceno allows me.

vsmidge68
06-20-2007, 09:17 PM
W.J. don't get yourself all wound up...We already know this weeks points were not affected. My post was meant for the remainder of the season. I'm not here to beat anyone up, just trying to figure it all out ...
"2 - The driver will get points based on finishes in Feature Events only and double points will not be awarded on Double Point nights" Since this is copied from the above post it sounds like the driver will get the points. Thanks, I guess we know now.

W. J.
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not wound up at all. I was just trying to explain about driver changes as we understand the rules to be for that purpose.

maestri fan 1
06-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Being a rookie in this division I know that it is not easy. I have had some terrible luck this year and as a result have missed 2 shows. Now let me say something here in defense of "THE GIRL" that some of you are talking about. She IS doing fairly well for a rookie, and she is DEFINITELY doing better than she did last year. Now before anyone else wants to knock on anyone, make sure you have been in the driver's seat first, because I made the mistake of knocking people when I was younger and guess what, it's hard as hell out there sometimes and accidents do happen.

Now I will also say this, regardless of where anyone finishes, the driver needs to get the points. To me it doesn't make sense because basically, I can start a race, and then under caution get out of the car and put someone else in it. I think the rules need to be changed for this rookie points deal. Just my opinion.

RacinRob
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
I can't let people stand here and bash Jess either, because half the people that do it never have driven. I think she has made strides and deserves a fair chance.

LEAD LAP
06-21-2007, 08:31 AM
Wow! sometimes people all show their emotions of trying hard, putting pressure on themselves or even frustration in different ways, maybe those emotions were 1 of those and she had tears, or maybe she had a opinion of herself in her head and felt she was disappointing to someone...

That doesn't mean someone can or can't drive though

TEARS:*-( ????????????????????????

There's no crying in racing!!

SuperShafts
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
TEARS:*-( ????????????????????????

There's no crying in racing!!

They say there's no crying in baseball, football or any other sports either though...

Everyone has different ways of dealing with emotions, i learned to stop having insane fits of rage and doing more damage and having to fix 15 other things, i wish i cried then rather then do what i used to, buying tissue paper would have been a lot cheaper.

The way i look at it is crying, ripping apart a steering wheel, throwing tools, hitting things, kicking things....it's all the same.

Lets take for example MS last year, starts at the back and just a few points out to win it all, gets up front, gets snagged again, goes back to the rear of the field breaks his *** to get back to 4th, clearly the car to beat that day, every lap realing in the front runners....to get so close and then to get denied..
I would have cried if i was MS that day, having my rear tire cut by a teammate from the oposing team(fis), sticking the front wing on the tire just enough to cut it... Knowing if that didn't happen he would have clearly won that race....

See theres an example of a emotion that would bring you to tears...

I probably would have been brought to tears, at the very least ripped apart a 10k steering wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ofdXDykqw

LEAD LAP
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Then better add a box of Kleenex to your pit box !:D

W. J.
06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Last I remember, this thread was about BB rookie points. How have we degenerated into this??? Get back on point, or we'll just have to delete the non-subject posts and close the thread.

SuperShafts
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I thought the points thing was answered a few times

LongIslandJam
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
It was...

Typically the driver who starts the event gets the points no matter what under Riverhead rules.

As far as rookie points, that's up to the eligibility committee, but from the sounds of it, they are going with the existing precedent.

Let's keep the discussion on that point, rather than other things.

W. J.
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I thought the points thing was answered a few times

It was. If you'd like to discuss another subject, just open a thread on that subject. That's all we're saying.

SuperShafts
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I got you WJ and LIJ.